Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about mist and flooding in Cruagh Woods

Options
  • 21-04-2009 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi,

Now I realise these might be silly questions but humour me! If I've posted in the wrong place maybe a helpful Mod would move this post for me.

I was walking up the mountains at the weekend and there was a strange sort of mist in small patches (it was clear and sunny at the time). The mist was roughly a cubed metre, maybe a little more, just above the ground and seemed to disappear when I walked through it. It might be my imagination but I think the air seemed to get suddenly colder in the area where I saw it. I'd never seen anything like that before, it seemed quite different to normal mist. Does it have a name and what would cause it?

Also, there was a lot of water seeping down the hill, there were little rivulets, trickles and puddles everywhere - any idea what caused that? I was wondering if it might be because trees had been felled and their roots were no longer "sucking up" water?

Advertisement