Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has UPC in Dublin City Centre Improved?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm in dublin 1, and since I got my ultra broadband installed about 9 months ago, it has been a steaming pile of dog do... However in the last week it has improved greatly. Getting full speed day and night. I know they were to install a new node in the area, but they've been talking about that for months now.

Has any else noticed any improvement or is just my over active imagination??

Comments

I'm in dublin 1, and since I got my ultra broadband installed about 9 months ago, it has been a steaming pile of dog do... However in the last week it has improved greatly. Getting full speed day and night. I know they were to install a new node in the area, but they've been talking about that for months now.

Has any else noticed any improvement or is just my over active imagination??

Very much so, there digging up everywere around me, speeds have always been good, but now are 98% of max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

any1 with upc in the clondalkin area who can tell me wat the service is like in the area. lookin to get away from bt!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Dublin 2, Temple Bar, last 2 nights full 20Meg speed, previously might have been dial up speeds during eveing time, lets hope they have improved for good :), pings also have been excellent

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Dublin 8 - Christchurch are is the same.

Last saturday a service engineer came to my apartment to have a look (I asked for it) because I was only getting less than a 1mb speed (specially in the evening) on my 10mb line. He left in flat 2 min saying no problem with my connection, they are replacing some node and it will be sorted after that.

I wasnt convinced because I thought he wa just making an excuse to take a quick exit apart from the fact that he hardly checked anything.

But..... I am plesantly surprised that for last few days I am always getting top speed. Speed test never showed less than 9.5mb in last few days.

Fingers crossed and hope its a permanent fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

anyone in d.11 have a comment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm in Temple bar and recently was getting terrible speeds, I had been living elsewhere for 2 months and found problems with my config two weeks ago as a result. I rectified these at the same time. Since around then my speeds have been much better but I don't know if it is coincidence or if UPC did something. I had been getting ~ 1Mb upload and 300k down. I just did a speed test and got

458578160.png

As said though, I'm not sure if that's UPC or the corrections I made to my laptop. If it is UPC, well done, it's a great speed either way :)

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I'm in Temple bar and recently was getting terrible speeds, I had been living elsewhere for 2 months and found problems with my config two weeks ago as a result. I rectified these at the same time. Since around then my speeds have been much better but I don't know if it is coincidence or if UPC did something. I had been getting ~ 1Mb upload and 300k down. I just did a speed test and got

458578160.png

As said though, I'm not sure if that's UPC or the corrections I made to my laptop. If it is UPC, well done, it's a great speed either way :)

Same here m8, In temple bar aswell, Speeds going great tonight aswell, lets hope it was the node the issiue as a previous poster suggested, Previously I could be getting dial up speeds at these times...

458643940.png

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I don't think I'd ever gotten a ping that low and my upload speed never went over 1mb before. It does seem they did something alright. :)

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I don't think I'd ever gotten a ping that low and my upload speed never went over 1mb before. It does seem they did something alright. :)

Lol my pings would have been 500+ms before now at these hours, it took a couple of seconds for the ping test to finish! Definately NTL must have done something, I noticed my router rebooted (While I was on the net) and after speeds went reasonable

Nick

Here mine, just checked it. 7.50pm peak time. :)

458711733.png

• Advertisement

It would usually be half a meg at this time, and fantastic pings aswell now!

458723129.png

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I'm in Swords.

Here's my ultra-fast 20mb package.

458776175.png

^^ Your ping looks very good, not sure why the download speed is low.

In D5

459136917.png

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

yoyo wrote: »
    Fine today aswell:
    459234230.png

Nick

Hey Nick, just wondering how those speeds are looking? I'm moving to wexford street next month and was looking at getting the 20MB UPC package as well - that is till i started reading the boards threads...:(

Advertisement