Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th year graduations?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

So what are all of ye doing for your grads? mass, hotel, meal, booking out nightclubs etc???
    And when are all of us finishing up in school? and are ye going to go back into school for study till june??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Monday May 18th.

Mass, then to school (across the road from the church) for speeches, awards and general murmur of well done and such. Then a presentation of things weve done through the years with the single aim of embarassing us.

Then out on the beers, the school give us the next day off so we can go get locked that night. Duno what were doin for beers tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

there is two schools in our little village, the boys school and the girls!
    ours is 20th may, off to the hotel for mass, speeches presentations, etc.. then tea and finger food and all that... then off to the pub/nightclub....! and a repeat of all that the following night for the girls! and ive to go to every bit of that as my sister is also a sixth yr!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Friday June 19th: mass, presentation stuff, photos, hotel for meal and then dancing and drinking the night away :D

Leaving certs finish up in our school around the 22nd may. They dont tell us the official date, we'll just all be called to the hall one of the days that week and told to feck off home....:eek: then some will have us in for extra classes the following week when the rest are doing summer tests...

ive to go to every bit of that as my sister is also a sixth yr!;)
    Fantastic Excuse to go out and get drunk with emotional 6th year girls.:pac:

Jammyc wrote: »
    Fantastic Excuse to go out and get drunk with emotional 6th year girls.:pac:
    ya i know its great! i am just exclding 2 days for the grads and going all out, and enjoy myself every bit, and then settle in for the final hurdle!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hmm....grad mass is on may 15th or something....Stupid that it's still held though. There's more than Catholics around these days... What about us athiests?

Actual grad party thingy is some time near the end of August... day before school starts back...all the teachers can't get drunk, they're RAGING! :D

Actual grad party thingy is some time near the end of August... day before school starts back...all the teachers can't get drunk, they're RAGING! :D

as in august coming? thats odd! poor teachers!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

our grad is either 11th/12th may, i forget which. mass in the church and then we're renting a nightclub too.

we don't get any time off before the exams. we do 2 weeks of block classes (like an hour and a half each) while the rest of the school are doing the summer exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

kateos2 wrote: »
    we don't get any time off before the exams. we do 2 weeks of block classes (like an hour and a half each) while the rest of the school are doing the summer exams.
    F**k that! I'm taking the last three weeks off.

I'm going to drink myself into a coma on grad night so I'll get an exemption from doing the Leaving. Ingenius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

grad mass is on 15th of may i think.. dont know when school ends tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

We're having a mass, then back into the school for some food I'd say while the parents all talk to each other and whatever. Then we all head to a club along with some of the teachers, should be great fun getting pissed with them :) Can't wait for it actually.

We also plant a tree in the school grounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Grad mass is on the 13th of may and they traditionally leaving certs finish up after that date. Theres still class but most stay at home and study. Mass at 8 followed by a serious session!

Then the grad is in September meal and disco then to a night club. Then up to the school the following morning to pop into all the teachers all the teachers and make harass the school! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Off on the 22nd May supposely, hasn't been confirmed yet. Nothing planned for grad, no mass, presentations or anything, suppose thats the crap we get from being in a tiny school. We have a meal with the teachers in school instead.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mass in the chapel (Eh.........w00t?)

Meal in the sports hall (It'll be grand)

Town

Wake up somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Mass and get drunk with the teachers in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

creggy wrote: »
    Mass and get drunk with the teachers in town.

Our teachers know better than that after what happened last time they came out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Not really sure what the story is yet... It's on the 21st of May.

The day before we're supposed to be getting bouncy castles and sumo suits and things which we'll throw down in the yard. Not really sure why, but should be funny anyway. I think there's food involved too...

Then on the day of the grad there's a mass... could be in the school, could be in the church. I think there's some kind of food involved afterwards, and then we're going out somewhere. Somebody was saying they're booking something before the end of this week...

It's all very vague, or I'm just not listening... I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

May 25th I think, but I'm not going so I'm not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

21st of may we have a mass of some description.

Followed by drinking in (here's hoping!) the sun!

Then to the pub to watch the champions league final.

Then to town for some fun, I'm sure we'll be joined by half the schools in Cork.

...hundreds of severly inebriated 18 year olds....what could possibly go wrong?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

mines on the 21st ov may mass and da common type of ****e!!!!

cant wait too drink with sum of the teachers, im gona give them hort abuse for the last 5 years of pain!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phasers wrote: »
    May 25th I think, but I'm not going so I'm not sure

Don't think I'm going to bother going to mine either tbh.
    E-f-f-o-r-t.

Meh, we'll see, I might.
    I'm not going to go buy a new outfit or anything though.

ya out of interest how many of ye go all out and get th enew outfit and how dressed up are ye all getting??:rolleyes:

Paira jeans and a shirt is all Im doin for, same as everyone in the year, not much point really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

6th Year "Fun Day" party is on Friday 15th (some themed party organised by 5th years for us, and a debate with 5th vs 6th years, and a rounders match with 6th yrs against teachers :P )

And Graduation is Wed 20th.
    Awards ceremony in school during the day.
    Mass that evening, back to school for 'refreshments'.
    Then into toooooooooooown =]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I forgot to mention that we play the teachers in football. I'm well gonna English teacher's legs! Roy Keane style :D

Woo had our sixth yr photos taken today!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

we graduate on the 21st may. go into school for a ceremony in front of all the year groups. then tea in the staff room. then home and back to the school for mass and prize giving. then all the students and teachers go out for drinks. we've rented a place close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

bythewoods wrote: »
    Don't think I'm going to bother going to mine either tbh.
    E-f-f-o-r-t.

Meh, we'll see, I might.
    I'm not going to go buy a new outfit or anything though.

I keep flip-flopping on it. Part of me thinks it'll be good, but the other half knows it'll be absolute rubbish. Also everyone is treating it like the debs in my school and buying new dresses and stuff. This is a recession people!

I told them to text me if they go to a club or something afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phasers wrote: »
    I keep flip-flopping on it. Part of me thinks it'll be good, but the other half knows it'll be absolute rubbish. Also everyone is treating it like the debs in my school and buying new dresses and stuff. This is a recession people!

I told them to text me if they go to a club or something afterwards.

I don't even think I'm invited to the actual mass bit anymore, because I'm a repeat. I'm getting varied reports.
    Meh.

I hate when stuff like this is hyped like that to be honest! It's not a big deal, you will see the people in your year again-the following week, you won't have an awful lot of fun. There, I said it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Mr.S wrote: »
    We finish school officially on the 21st May, as in no more classes after that.

Our "graduation" is just some ceremony thing a day after in the school and then some dinner.

Jeez we finish on the 8th of May...

We go to the pub with most of the teachers... should be a good laf

Advertisement