Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th year graduations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had mine last night...
    went to mass, then to the school for a reception then we had a nightclub rented out.
    It was a good night really, apart from me and my 2 friends getting our money robbed when we left our bags for about 5 minutes... was good though..
    school today was not fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

kateos2 wrote: »
    had mine last night...
    went to mass, then to the school for a reception then we had a nightclub rented out.
    It was a good night really, apart from me and my 2 friends getting our money robbed when we left our bags for about 5 minutes... was good though..
    school today was not fun!
    sounds good! did ye have to go to school today? do ye not finish up school once you have your grad?

yeah we were in. we don't get any time off before the leaving, we have 2 weeks of block classes starting on monday. i think we finish them the thursday before the leaving.

jesus?? we finish on wednesday of next week and thats it! we can go in and talk to teachers etc etc and go over stuff/go to a study room but in practice most stay home! did ye manage to get many teachers to go drinking with ye?:eek:

yeah we actually got a fair few like. one of them was buying loads of us shots and stuff. and of course they were all bought drinks too!

very good! we are hoping to get loads of them, strangely in our school its the older teachers that tend to come out with us! our grad is in a hotel 20min from the school and then we are going to a pub another 20 min from that! we are a country school in a small village! so its going to be hard to keep everyone moving to the same place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

anybody know any places in Dublin for some of us 17 year olds:rolleyes: to get into for grad night on thursday?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Grad Night was last night :D

T'was absolutely amazing.

Bondi was the most underage club going lol, feck it though... €2 drinks - can't beat that haha

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ciano14 wrote: »
    anybody know any places in Dublin for some of us 17 year olds:rolleyes: to get into for grad night on thursday?

thanks

Do you's have ID? If not well good luck.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Do you have to wear uniform for these things?

Monzo wrote: »
    Do you have to wear uniform for these things?

we wore ours to the mass and the reception in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Mass?

You religious freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Ours it tomorrow night, have to go to a rehearsal tomorrow morning to pick up my gown. We also have RTÉ coming for some reason to record some of it :confused:

Anyone else have to wear a gown - €15 to rent ours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ours tomorrow :D

cant wait , Bottle ! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Had mine on Monday. Was ****ing brilliant!! Went out wit a few of our teachers was graet craic. Will prob never av a nite like it again:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

ciano14 wrote: »

thanks

*strokes Garda ID*

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

awh nice one, grad night tommorow!!...yup it's going to be f***king mad!!....try to get off with the french teacher!!...:p
    was really angry today, we thought we were off tommorow but they came in at 3:30 and told us it was the end:(...
    well all i can say it was an amazing 5 years!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

We had ours on Tuesday night, it was such a laugh.. The best night i've had in a long time, everyone was in such good form. Loads of teachers came to town including the principle :D
    It lost me a whole day of study yesterday though.. i still don't feel quite right :o

had mine wednesday night, mass in hotel, tea and sandwhiches and off to the pub with teachers except we were told leave at 12.45 by the guards, and we were in this particular pub because it doesn't have a closing time! (should probably mention its a pub in a tiny country village) so we stayed out till half 3 and then bak in when the guards left and then back to a house with a few of us! then we went in to school the next afternoon with some pictures of our teachers they would rather not ever see!
    then the girls grad thursday night so all of the above and a nightclub booked out after the pub....! oh now its time to start studying!:eek:

Graduated and had a quality night last night, hard to believe it's all over.:( Now for the Leaving to be finished with!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Grad was on Thursday night. RTÉ recorded it for some documentary, was finished for 9:30 so went to a local GAA club with teachers until 11:30, when my year head & chaplain brought a few of us clubbing until around 4ish. Great craic alltogether! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Had our grad mass on Fri nite. Sum ppl cried but it wasn't that sad. Every1 was dying to lose the parents and get uptwn!! It was gr8 craic..there was drink, loads of fights and loads of drama!! :D
    Proper grad party is in August....megaaa nite!!!
    No more skool 4 us now. Do d exams and thats it!!!!!! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

creggy wrote: »
    *strokes Garda ID*

got in no problem without id everywhere we went surprisingly!

so now the real question, what's every one doing the night we finish exams? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My head hurts so much right now.

so now the real question, what's every one doing the night we finish exams? :P

Good thinking woman!:D The plan for our year so far is everyone is going out on Monday 15th as that's the day that everyone is finished up (fecking me and 2 mates are the last to finish, poxy Physics:mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Everything exam related is happening before the chemistry exam in my school...
    :(

meanies!

Fad wrote: »
    My head hurts so much right now.
    good night so? :rolleyes:

im not finished till the 17th and most of my friends aint finished till the 18th....:mad:

it's fairly scattered in my school, loads finished on the 11th, then the 16th and most of my friends on the 17th, no concrete plans yet, but i said as long as there's alcohol involved and a nitelink home, I'm there, although the cheaper the better! probably head into town with a load of people (dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

all my friends except for 2 are finished waaaaaaaaaay before me. I'm done on the 18th