Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad service/good service

Options
  • 21-04-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

didnt want to damage business only to highlight areas where they can improve and both customer and business benefit.maybe just stick to praising good service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, I don't see the point. It's not like the manager of the Front Door is going to hire 2 extra staff because someone on the internet said "the service is so slow", they might though if you complain to them in person. Boards is liable for what you post and if someone might take offence we don't want to end up in trouble.

Tell you what, we'll give it a go but if it turns sour posts/thread might be removed. Hope that's ok with everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

That Mod for the Galway City Forum provides an excellent service :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Good
    1. Hanleys - consistently good service, very friendly staff.
    2. Louis Copeland - very knowledgeable staff with a keen attention to detail.
    3. The Dail Bar - friendly and quick service of good food.
    4. River Deep Mountain High - really helpful staff.
    5. Charcoal Grill - you want burger sauce my friend?
    6. Brown Thomas - hot chicks.

Bad
    1. Bus Eireann (the city service) - You could count on one hand the amount of Bus Eireann busses I've taken in the last seven or eight years. I'd prefer walk in the rain. The complete lack of any adherence to published timetables makes this bus service next to useless.
    2. Great Outdoors - nothing but shifty eyes and suspicious stares from the staff when you walk into this shop. Any time I've been looking at stuff there I've found the staff to be unhelpful to the point of being rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I was just thinking of this, but tbh I need to start a whole new thread.

I had my worst ever customer experience in Galway last Friday, I was raging :mad: Worst interpersonal / conflict resolution skills EVERRRRRR... will post when I get the time (it'll be a long one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    5. Charcoal Grill - you want burger sauce my friend?

At this I LOL'd:D:D:D

It's funny cos it's true;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Gooder than most:
    Charcoal Grill - A smile wouldn't go a miss. Also can be pretty sarcastic sometimes. Generally sound though and the food is ace.
    Kebab House - Sound lads, consistantly good food and cheap.
    Squareyes - Don't go there much but the service is always excellant when I do. Ronan looks after his customers well, fair play.

Badder than most:
    Bus Eireann - Timetable irrelevant, bus drivers cranky as fuck most times. I remember when the price change came in and I gave him the exact change for the old fair, he lets out this massive sigh and says the new price in a condesending voice. Wanker. Also too expensive. And shit.
    Joyces Knocknacarra - Lets just say its a good idea to look at the dates on things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

The beautiful Polish girls(think their polish) that work in O'Heirs sandwich shop over in westside.

they are lovely, and beautiful, and put loads of chicken in your sandwich:D:pac:;):p:):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

The drivers on the GoBus that leaves from the new bus station are very sound, well or at least the four diff ones that i have travelled with:pac: the others might be evil for all i know:D

the staff in the reception at the kingfisher gym in the university are soooooooooooooo cranky, sometimes i wonder why i even bother to be nice and say hi to them, they just look at you as if you have the plague... maybe i do:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Anima wrote: »
    Gooder than most:
    Joyces Knocknacarra - Lets just say its a good idea to look at the dates on things...

+1million!!! They are notorious for it!!!

Though a few of the other supermarkets especially the one which announced enormous profits in the UK yesterday have also become a bit careless of late too I have noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Laszlo Jewellers - bad. Very bad. Shop assistant looked at us, then looked down and started poking her nails with a pair of scissors. Completely ignored us.
    (we wanted to spend a good bit of money on wedding rings. Not in that shop we won't.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Had one of those classic bad experiences yesterday in one of the main street shoe shops (not Schuh - I think the staff in there are v good).

Saw a pair of shoes online that I liked, and after wearing bad shoes yesterday and doing lots of walking I thought, if they had them, even with the fact that they are way more expensive in Euros, I would buy them as my feet were killing me.

The shop was empty, with two assistants seemingly standing staring out at the street. Found shoes I wanted, lifted them up... tried to look like I was interested in buying them, but got no reaction from staff.

Went up to a shop assistant and asked if I could see them in a three. She said "no, they don't come in a three".
    -"oh, ok, I think they sell them online in a three?"
    ---"we dont have them in a three"
    - "oh, ok, have you any shoes in a three I could try on?"
    ---"no..... you can try on a four."
    - "oh, four will probably be too big"
    ---"yeah, thats all we have"

I would have spent like 50 or 60 euros on them if they had of have them.

Went up to another non-chain shop, managed to locate a three, try on the one on display, decide it was the right size, and leave again before I seen or heard any staff around.

I bought the shoes I wanted, in the right size, online yesterday evening and saved a good bit of money too.

Advertisement