Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIMS or HARI?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My wife and I are trying to conceive. We have gone as far as we can with our local hospital and need to be referred.

We are looking at attending either the SIMS clinic in Rosemount Hall in Dundrum or the HARI clinic at the Rotunda Hospital.
    We are trying to figure out which would be best for us.

Would anyone have any experience with either clinic?

Any recommendations of either?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭igglou

I know 2 friends with fertility issues, some were tryng IVF for the first time and others had tried many times without success. However, all of them went to SIMS last year and can't recommend them highly enough as the care was fantastic and they do everything in their power to get you pregnant. Happily both friends and now expecting in June this year.

My two sisters are experiencing fertility problems now too and have been recommmeded to go straight to SIMS by a number of people so they have made their appointments. There is approx a 6 week wait for an Appointment.

I'm not sure if this is much help and I'm sure there are others who swear by HARI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

HARI can have a long waiting list. SIMS is a private clinic, thus a bit more expensive, but seems to have very good results. I myself went to the Merrion Fertility Clinic (Holles Street), and found them excellent (our third IUI gave us the twins). One thing you'll want to consider is how close the clinic is to your home/ work; you may need to attend it several times a week and having to treck across Dublin city can be hard when you are already stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

silja wrote: »
    One thing you'll want to consider is how close the clinic is to your home/ work; you may need to attend it several times a week and having to treck across Dublin city can be hard when you are already stressed.

This is an excellent point. Around the time of and IUI, IVF or FET you will be going for a lot of scans... it helps to be close to where you spend your days (especially if you work outside the home).

PS we found the Merrion great, and the good thing is they are affiliated with Holles Street, so you do tests etc in Holles St, have access to the pharmacy, blood tests, foetal assessment unit, etc.

Advertisement