Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter trials

Options
  • 21-04-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does any one know of any pre-novice hunter trials in leinster? Around the Meath or North Kildare area? Even ones that are over, just so we have an idea of where holds them. I know annaharvey has a pre-novice course, but does anyone know when its on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

there nearly all over this year, you wouldn't really get an idea of dates for next year until closer to the time,

you could do a pony course if there wasn't a pre novice, but i think there restricted to age - not sure, maybe someone can clarify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Yellowyorange!

Thanks wicked. If theres no age limit i could do that. Although - pairs would be preferable and the horse my sister would be takin is far from a pony. Does anyone know of any trials that have with pony courses? And if so what are the age limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Most organisers will let you compete hors concours in a pony competition so long as you tell them beforehand. I've done it lots of times with novice horses.

You may also need to bear in mind that most places will probably run pony/novice over the same course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Longford Hunter trials and Mullingar equestrian centre hunter trials were held on good friday and easter monday respectively and these are the dates that they are held every year weather permitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kick-on

there does be one in clane twice every year for the north kildare farmers (Who i go with) and also the south countys.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

kick-on wrote: »
    there does be one in clane twice every year for the north kildare farmers (Who i go with) and also the south countys.,

I didn't realise they ran a pre-novice competition... :(

Advertisement