Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

syringomelia

Options
  • 21-04-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,
    We bought a Cavalier King Charles from a breeder in Wicklow last August - unfortunately, the pup has developed syringomelia - I have lots of info from the Cavalier Club, but was hoping to make contact with someone who has had a pup with the same condition. I would also be interested to see if anyone has previously bought a pup from this breeder who had the same condition
    thanks
    Roxii

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

There may well be other members on boards who have cavs with the same condition or from the same breeder but if you don't get the info you're looking for you could also try Cavalier Talk - it's a board run by the person who does ckcs rescue in Ireland and is, I'm told, the best place for breed info.

There's even a section just for SM and MVD on the Cavalier board. Best of luck to you and your pup, I hear it's a terrible thing and you must be heartbroken to have gotten the diagnosis. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

So sorry to read about your pup.:(

I can only second what Hadook has posted, it's a great board with great info.

If you're looking for a vet that deals with syringomelia, Eamonn Moore, Blackrock Clinic is the guy to ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

This was a big topic on the BBC documentary "Pedigree Dogs Exposed", looks like a dreadful condition for a dog to have. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 divadoll

people should be told who this breeder is to make them aware of whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I'm sorry to hear about your pup, I know I'd be devasted if any of my dogs were diagnosed with a such a problem.

Hope he/she doesn't suffer too much and I hope it's not too hard on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hunterpetz

hi roxi

where was the breeder in wicklow ??? i bought a papillon & a cavalier from a lady in wicklow who had lots of cavaliers running around her house.
    wondering if its the same lady & if so im worried now.
    what was her name ? address ?
    i found her ad on donedeal.ie.
    thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hunter petz---Why are you resurrecting dead threads.

The date on this one is almost a year ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement