Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkshake Joint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I had one last weekend.It was nice but after about a third of the medium size one I started to feel sick.The bottom line is its nice in small doses...much like heroin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Had a Kinder Bueno one this week, Pretty sure it was the nicest thing I've consumed through a straw! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

poisonated wrote: »
    The bottom line is its nice in small doses...much like heroin

Hear Hear! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr. Glass

What a brilliant and original idea. I've never seen anything like it. Had a Curly Wurly one today and it was awesome. Can't wait to try out a few more from the menu - the choices are endless. Anyone who likes milkshakes has gotta check this place out . Absolutely delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Views:2,528

Have not tried it yet but I will compliment the free marketing that has happened for the company

Reminds me of book I read 'Buzz Marketing'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

*Awaits Dublin branch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LeggyBrunette

I brought my daughter there yesterday. She had a (regular) Smarties shake. I had a little sip- it was *nyom*.

Shanley wrote: »
    Views:2,528

Have not tried it yet but I will compliment the free marketing that has happened for the company

Reminds me of book I read 'Buzz Marketing'

And makes you realise just how vast the hippie population of Galway really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I had one yesterday, it was yummy! I had a mint aero one and my friend had a strawberry cheesecake. The aero one was a bit gritty at the bottom, but it was really nice. They were mad busy though, we were queuing for around 5 or 10 minutes.

MMMmmmmmmm........Chocolate Muffin. Yummy!

Has anyone mixed and matched any of the flavours?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If these lads do it the same (Ice cream chain that rhymes with 'fairy bean':p) in the States then they are on to a brillo idea.
    They buy the factory 'sweepings' (not quite as bad as it sounds usually), basically the bits that break off, fall away etc, from the sweet factory, by the bucketload and ta-daah - cheeeap ingredients!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Mr. Glass wrote: »
    MMMmmmmmmm........Chocolate Muffin. Yummy!

Has anyone mixed and matched any of the flavours?:rolleyes:

Thats my plan after after Ive explored the whole menu

Have to say the ferrero rocher is the best ive had, with kinder bueno a close second. Aero mint: Good, Bounty: Good. Next on the list is toffee crisp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

This milkshake place is FTW! Had an Oreo one there, ooohhh brings back memories...:D

inisboffin wrote: »
    If these lads do it the same (Ice cream chain that rhymes with 'fairy bean':p) in the States then they are on to a brillo idea.
    They buy the factory 'sweepings' (not quite as bad as it sounds usually), basically the bits that break off, fall away etc, from the sweet factory, by the bucketload and ta-daah - cheeeap ingredients!

Nah, these guys don't appear to use 'sweepings' at all. Their ingredients appear to be the real deal from what I can see. You can watch them making your shake which is always a good thing imo.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Although MrGlass sound like MrShill ;) they use the real stuff. Behind the counter is a shelf with the ingredients.
    Kitty posted a pic
    Also, for my Tictac shake I saw them put real tictacs in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LeggyBrunette

Today, I had a Ferrero Rocher shake. Kids had a Curley Wurley, and a Oreo shake. My friend had a Caramel one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Nyom Nyom

so far I've had

- Ferreo Roche
    - Kinder Beuno
    - Mint Areo
    - Tobleron

Ferreo Roche is by far my favourite!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Magnus wrote: »
    Although MrGlass sound like MrShill ;) they use the real stuff. Behind the counter is a shelf with the ingredients.
    Kitty posted a pic
    Also, for my Tictac shake I saw them put real tictacs in.

Cool!

You can't knock 'sweepings' too much anyway. My pal's Dad used to work for Cadb**ys, we would get the 'sweeping' and 'reject' purple snacks. Broken ones and ones that were mutant alien bars without biscuit..all chocolate!
    Nyom nyom.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

On Friday I'm going into town for a Birthday Ukulele and a Black Jacks Milkshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Another vote for the ferrero rocher for me - mmmmmm! Had the smaller sized one - can imagine that a large would be quite sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cathkins

Had an after eights one the other day! Gorgeously Yummy! I wanna another soooon!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Was down in Galway saturday nd sunday, and came across the milkshake joint on sunday, had a kinder bueno shake and my sister had a lion bar! yummy yummy yummy...... i think ill move to galway just for the milkshakes!!!:D:D

I want one of these joints in the midlands.... i'd live in it!!!!:o

If Mr Glass is a Mr Shill then I expect to be paid for all this advertising this thread is generating.

I accept payment in Forrero Roche milkshakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Sniipe wrote: »
    I have to post this since I remember reading about it, but Oreo milkshakes = worst for your health

Well to be fair I hardly think the "milkshake joint" would include that many scoops of IceCream in an Oreos Milkshake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Tic tac is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

they really need some branding on their cups though!

also the blenders they use are the ones that are famous from 'will it blend' http://www.willitblend.com/

so if it doesnt struggle blending iPhones and the like, then some starburst and tic tacs shouldnt be a problem! :p

If Mr Glass is a Mr Shill then I expect to be paid for all this advertising this thread is generating.

I accept payment in Forrero Roche milkshakes.

Haha......I'm not entirely sure what a Mr. Shill is but I think I realise now where you guys are going with this. I can assure you I don't work for the place and I don't know anyone who does. Genuine customer. It is great advertising though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I will be checking this out later this afternoon. :D

I think I'll get a Burger King too.. haven't been there yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

Had a white Chocolate Malteser one today was great. Only had the small but still more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Dark chocolate bounty wasn't great... Something about the bigger chunks of cold chocolate.... Wasn't keen....

Advertisement