Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkshake Joint

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Jaffa Cake was savage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I will report later on the BlackJacks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Had the BlackJacks today and as predicted it was gorgeous.

Liquorice goes with milky stuff and icecream in the same way mint does, so if you like liquorice you'll like this. Very refreshing and lovely.

Himself had an After 8 one but regretted it as it was basically just a mint milkshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id love to know what their turnover is, Id say they're raking it in right now and if its a good Summer the queue will be out the door. Id say Burger King are doing great aswell, always seems to be a big queue no matter how fast they serve, and service is fast in there, would love to open a place like that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Had a crème egg one a few days ago, twas lovely.
    The tic tac one sounds cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I queued up for a good while today and had a Ferrero Rocher one.

It did not disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

someone has to buy the marmite one, just to see!........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Have tried out Oreo and the Ferrero Rocher, both excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    someone has to buy the marmite one, just to see!........:D

Ugh, no way José!!!

Cadburys mini bar is Nyom Nyom!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Had a kinder beuno one yesterday. It was great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

this milkshake joint seems to be recession proof.

id say hes raking it in. maybe for the boat race he sould get a spot down the docks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Had a skittles one today... bellissimo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Was in town yesterday and there was a huge queue for it going in and coming out of the centre. Never seen anything like it.
    Queuing seemed like a joke though, it was like a pub and there wasnt really a line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

got a curly wurly one yesterday and a lion bar 1 today lovin the milkshake joint great when hunngover...one of the lads got the jellytots one and twas unreal...any one see the girl behind d counter today? lovly big (.) (.)

eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Caliden wrote: »
    Queuing seemed like a joke though, it was like a pub and there wasnt really a line

Noticed that quite a lot actually. Whenever I've been there it seems nobody has any idea where the line starts. The only thing wrong about the place so far though.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Noticed that quite a lot actually. Whenever I've been there it seems nobody has any idea where the line starts. The only thing wrong about the place so far though.

I reckon that's mainly due to the somewhat poor-positioning of the stall though. There's not enough room to form a decent queue of .. 4 people or more without completely blocking the flow of traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

tried this place for the first time today!!!! ferero roche milkshake, nice but man was it sweet!! glad i only ordered in medium!! nice as a treat tho from time to time!!! they need to sort out a more effective layout for queuing as it was a bit random and timeconsuming ,

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

Does anyone know what time this place opens?

I was there well after 10 this morning and no sign of it to open... workers were just inside chatting... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I love the Oreo milkshakes from Eddie Rockets but from Shake they're horrible! They're grey and gritty and just... not very nice.

I think my favourite so far is Cherry Bakewell. I had ToffeePop yesterday and it was yummy and I had a taste of my friends Terry's Chocolate Orange one and it was way too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Louise~ wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time this place opens?

I was there well after 10 this morning and no sign of it to open... workers were just inside chatting... :(

One of the machines were broken so they had to open up later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Krieg wrote: »
    I can guarantee you theres only 1 item of interest in that photo :P

I agree 100%, do the staff shake while the move around the "joint"? Now that i'd go to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Does anyone know if this place is open late on Thursdays?

I've gone down here on a Sunday and a Friday evening before to try and get my hands on these fabulous shakes and both times it's been closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

Had a large double daim with marshmallows on top today!! Nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Was open til 8.30pm on Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Was open til 8.30pm on Friday...

Yeah I asked them on Thursday what time they're open til on Thursdays and Fridays, he said 8ish, depending on how busy they are.

Had my long awaited Ferrero Rocher shake, it was gorgeous! Boyfriend had Cadburys Caramel and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Had a milkybar one there the other day, i'd also recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Terry's Chocolate Orange :pac:

Mr Xiney had a Daim bar one. It was nice, but I've never had a Daim bar in normal form so it was hard to judge.

Daim bars taste like armadillos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I've never had one of those, either :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Heh this place will be the reason why all of you lot turn into fatties!

Advertisement