Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkshake Joint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Haven't you heard?

Obesity is in, this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Heh this place will be the reason why all of you lot turn into fatties!

Don't forget Burger King!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Heh this place will be the reason why all of you lot turn into fatties!

Jaysus, wouldn't be terrible to go through life avoiding the odd little pleasure because of a terrible fear of getting fat?

Maybe lording your healthy diet over others tastes sweeter than any milkshake though? ;) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

There's one after opening in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

flycruise wrote: »
    There's one after opening in Cork!

Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Great, go tell Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

flycruise wrote: »
    There's one after opening in Cork tooooooo bhoiiiiy!!

FYP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

soorrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee!

French Church Street, had galaxy caramel shake for my lunch today, delish... will say no more

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I await their Beamish 'n' Misguided Chipiness Milkshake...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

When they make a Buckfast milkshake i'll visit, until then, no dice! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 milkybar kid

The Milkshake place in French Church Street Cork is called Hot Shakes.
    Had a milky bar one, big shock!!, and it was lovely. Highly recommended.
    Staff are called Hotties, the girl who served me sure was.
    The milky bars are on me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jconnon

does anyone notice that shake in galway is always busy,even in the recession,was it busier a year ago than it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

jconnon wrote: »
    does anyone notice that shake in galway is always busy,even in the recession,was it busier a year ago than it is now

Does always seem busy but in fairness I think the pubs are still very busy too. Which one's a more expensive luxury?

Any yeah I saw the news about pubs not being busy and closing down. But they still seem to get a fair few customers most nights..Maybe bar Tuesday and Sundays but then Sunday during the day seems freakishly busy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh I love this place..I had malteaser was fab. Boyfriend had crunchie & mikado..was very weird just tasted like crunchie then you'd get soggy biscuit everysooften. (I reckon malteaser & crunchie would be class)

Was in one in England last weekend I had malteaser and kinder bueno was fantastic. Sister had peanut butter & ferraro. Very overpowering but nice.

Gonna go in again on Saturday for another I am addicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There used to be queues out the door of the Eyre Square centre when that place opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Saw the thread get bumped and thought for a second the place had closed, don't do that to me again, almost had a heart attack, I'd preferred to clog my arteries with beuno shakes, do it the natural way.

are these milkshake bars a craze tho

can sombody tell me are these places fad or will he continue doing so well.

plese help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Why on earth does it matter to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think they are a fad, I think we'll see a milkshake crash sometime in 2011 as people realise they've been tricked out of their hard earned cash all these years, expect to see Supermacs et al dumping their machinery in the river before the end of the year.

• Advertisement

cos im unemployed mactard and looking for a good business idea

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Well, good luck to you then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

plese help
    That's anybody's guess really. Hopefully they'll stay in business a long time.
    Milkshakes brings me to the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Well there is already one of them in Galway, Dublin, Limerick and I think Cork aswell so you probably need a different idea unless you want to go into direct competition with them!

cooperguy wrote: »
    Well there is already one of them in Galway, Dublin, Limerick and I think Cork aswell so you probably need a different idea unless you want to go into direct competition with them!

true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Keep thinking comfort food .People gain weight during modern recessions.

I've never had one of these milkshakes. I'm afraid I'll like them too much.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

plese help

No, everyone enjoys a good milkshake.

I've noticed recently that "American" diners are becoming more popular in Ireland. mmmm.

xo.mary wrote: »
    No, everyone enjoys a good milkshake.

I've noticed recently that "American" diners are becoming more popular in Ireland. mmmm.

Thanks Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I don't think you'll see it dwindle in popularity any time soon. It's very much the epitome of comfort food and dammit they taste good :cool:

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote: »

just bought a lease on shop st galway. i know theres one in the shopping centre but he wont count with this location.

Advertisement