Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays (foreign) away with the baby - 2 year old

Options
  • 21-04-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Looking for some suggestions (best if based on previous experience) of a destination for myself, herself and toddler Matthew. He will be 2 years old come Sept when we hope to head off.

So we are hoping for a resort with good kids activities where we can all have a good time. Some sun would be nice also!

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The world is your oyster really, from Bali to the Canaries, to Malta, to wherever you wish > but if you dont want to go too far & you want 'just a little more heat' than Ireland, then I can highly recommend the Isle of Wight (15 Mins by Ferry from Portsmouth) on the most southerly tip of Britain!

I have friends out there & it has some of the best facilities for kids that I have ever seen, the island is an adventure playground & very safe too, (islolated from the mainland as it is), and the weather is surprisingly Warm/Hot right through Setember.

'Blackgang Chine' comes to mind > great place for kids & adults too who wish they were still kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I've been to two Club Med holidays with under 2's: Turkey (Palmyie, not sure of spelling) and Sardinia. September is a good time because it isn't too hot. It is fantastic and there are a lot of activities for all.

Tip: use French or UK site for prices. clubmed.fr or clubmed.co.uk. Prices might look a bit steep, but you could even forget to take your wallet, it is all included. We find it is great value, specially considering the food, the fun and the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭igglou

I can thoroughly recommmend a camping holiday in France! We went here last June with our daughter who was 1 at the time and she loved every minute and so did we. Unfortunately, we booked through Keycamp which was a disaster but you can book dorectly with the park itself and its much better:

http://www.camping-la-garangeoire.com/en/index_en.htm

In June it was lovey as the schools weren't out so it was mostly older couples and families with toddlers. the facilities are fantastic and the pool was great. There are activity groups for children of all ages. We flew to Nantes with Ryanair and hired a car to drive about an hour to the park.

We will definitely be doing it again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Our LO will be 2 in August - first holiday as a family.

we are going to Vilamoura in portugal in June. Flying with Ryanair. Have been to Portugal before, but not Vilamoura. Is supposed to be great for small kids. Check it out. And the flight is great

We would have loved to go to Lanzarote, but think the plane journey is too long for LO, so will wait a few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm with dools on this, Portugal is the place to go. We are just back from there with our 3 year old and we loved it. The locals have so much time for young children, they love them. I couldn't get over the attention our little one was getting from staff, waiters etc...all very nice. (granted, we have been told on numerous time that our little one bears a striking resemblance to Madeline Mcann).

The flight is only two hours and the drive from Faro to anywhere in the Algarve is never too long (around an hour or less to most places).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

igglou wrote: »
    I can thoroughly recommmend a camping holiday in France! We went here last June with our daughter who was 1 at the time and she loved every minute and so did we. Unfortunately, we booked through Keycamp which was a disaster but you can book dorectly with the park itself and its much better:

http://www.camping-la-garangeoire.com/en/index_en.htm

In June it was lovey as the schools weren't out so it was mostly older couples and families with toddlers. the facilities are fantastic and the pool was great. There are activity groups for children of all ages. We flew to Nantes with Ryanair and hired a car to drive about an hour to the park.

We will definitely be doing it again! :)

thanks for the info here, we've always wanted to do this too...

Advertisement