Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes - Help Really Needed

• 21-04-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I opened my itunes and to my horror it was empty.
    Playlists, podcasts ,music everything gone.
    What can i do to restore everything back?

Had a large collection of music, videos and podcasts over the 60G mark. And decided to get an external hardrive as the computer was slowing down because of it. So anyway i went to My Computer dragged the iTunes folder and dropped it in the new external harddrive. Took a few minutes to copy over and when it did i was left with the itunes folder on my computer aswell as on the external hardrive. So i hesitantly deleted the itunes folder from My computer. Then when i opened itunes it was blank.

I now have the option to add all my music into itunes again. But will lose my playlists, ratings and play counts.
    My queistion is is there any way of restoring these as I would more than hate to loose my playlists and playcounts.

Also what about podcasts?

Thanks all help is appreciated. Am nearly dying here.
    Sorry just o add i have my ipod still intact with playlist ect.
    (Mods sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

When you moved the folder, you moved all the library information. When you opened iTunes, it saw that there was no folder and started as though you had launched it for the first time.

To verify your library still works, follow this article to open the iTunes Library file in the folder you moved everything to.

And let that be a lesson in moving a programs folders around without knowing what will happen first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Thanks a million didnt think it would be that simple.

And ye ill be more carefull in future i had already moved it before and it was fine dont know what happened this time.
    And thanks again your a life saver.:D:D:D

Advertisement