Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First time boxing photography!

• 21-04-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi Guys, first time shooting boxing. Done with a Canon 1000D 18-55 lens.
    I was not happy with the results atall. Disappointed with myself is the least I could say!

Any comments?

SH3.jpg
    Boxing.jpg
    Boxing2.jpg
    SH001a.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

shutter a bit long a wb a bit off. what setting ya have on, did you shoot in raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

No, I didn't shoot in raw! I will in future! What do you mean by this " wb a bit off" White balance? I had it on 'Tv' mode.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yeah sorry i measnt white balance. yeah you really need raw to be able to fix the wb up well. and tv... thats shutter priority yeah? maybe drop it down and push up the iso to compensate? the kit lends cant stop down too far but lighhting doesnt looks awful so maybe its workable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

The only thing is I am useless at photoshop, so I don't think it would make much of a difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Boxing is very hard, and at this level you dont have the super bright lights to help you out. The club I shoot for want great pics so are happy enough for flash to be used but as often as I have tried no flash results rarely match up to my expectations, I have a d200 and the iso isnt good enough, youd need top range camera to push the iso high and get good results without flash.

Another thing is I always shoot in manual so if you can do this then you are in complete control of your final image rather than hoping the camera will choose the right setting. Also shoot in raw it will make a big difference to the dark shots.

Finally dont be disappointed, it is a hard game to shoot and you did good for a first timer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement