Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bike Parkour, AMAZING.

• 21-04-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

This **** is fúcking sick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I love 4:14 & 5:10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Unreal... that was really really nice. Know much about the guy in the vid???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

WOW!
    The bit at the start. Amazing!
    And the tree!

UNbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's called trials been around for a good while, they do it on motorbikes too.

Chris Pfeiffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Unreal... that was really really nice. Know much about the guy in the vid???
    From the clip.....
    Filmed over the period of a few months in and around Edinburgh by Dave Sowerby, this video of Inspired Bicycles team rider Danny MacAskill features probably the best collection of street/street trials riding ever seen. There's some huge riding, but also some of the most technically difficult and imaginative lines you will ever see. Without a doubt, this video pushes the envelope of what is perceived as possible on a trials bike.

Mattie Griffen would be the best in Ireland, he's a lad from Galway. I don't think he does much trials riding, sticks mostly to the bigger bikes, still class though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Man. That's trials on nitrous oxide. Like a mix of BMX street, flat and bike trials. Incredible rider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

I dont really think that the motorbike videos are meant to be in the same category as the Original video. I mean the stuff in the other videos are cool too but if the guy in the first video was doing that stuff it wouldn't be impressive at all. I mean you cant do flips off trees in a motorbike like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Here's a guy who has lost 75% of his hearing, has no brakes or a chain. His sprocket broke and couldn't afford a new one so decided to ride without a chain, thats dedication!

• Advertisement

You can indeed do flips off a tree, I tried to find better videos of Chris but I don't have time eight now. I have his dvd where he does something similar jumping up a 10 foot wall.

The gas gas bikes have been able to do stuff like that for a while because they have the power to get up onto very high obstacles, it's amazing to see it done on a pedal bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

There's also a guy around Galway who does stuff on a regular bike.

I've seen him around Eyre Sq and a few other places. Savage. I think he has some stuff on YouTube but too lazy to look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

oh my god wow,, the guy in that first video is amazing,, what a legend..

does anyone know what the name of the song is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Package wrote: »
    oh my god wow,, the guy in that first video is amazing,, what a legend..

does anyone know what the name of the song is?

The funeral by a band of horses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

3 minites 10 thats just sheer acrobatics great vid....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

OP , really class vid. Nice one Tx

I reckon he is ok, if he lands on his crossbar, because the man clearly has balls of steel !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Some of those jumps were insane. The cycling up a tree bit was very cool. In a lot of them he was landing on a bar that wasn't much wider than the wheel of the bike. The accuracy needed to land that is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Thers some unreal vids around there. The lad in the OPs vid is pullin off jupms i cant do on my own, never mind havin doin it on a bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

That video is amazing OP.

I made this video last year of a rider here in Galway, Borys Zagrocki.

I think I seen that guy in Eyre square, the fupper came out of no where as I was walking through, he was pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Omg, wow.. fcuk. The tree! Wow, bike parkour so hot. mmm...

Advertisement