Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Game Soundtracks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Yep Steve Vai did the guitar version in Halo 2,can't remember which level it was on but I think you're on a Warthog when it comes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--t5FapddSA

Its known as the Mjolnir Mix. HEres an un-crap version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Overheal wrote: »
    We'll solve a mystery....
    OR REWRITE HIIIIISTORY!!! DUCKTALES!!!

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Total Annihilation and Hitman (SA and Blood Money) soundtracks were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CCCP^ wrote: »

Words fail to describe how retarded that video was.

Thank You.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jazzy wrote: »
    f-zero (any flavour) has to be in there imo

hell yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Dragon Quest VIII, Mysterious Tower being my favourite track from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Last Ninja 3 on the C64, have on MP3 and listen to it all the time at home and in the car, Last Ninja 2 is very good as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Pause music from battletoads

So addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

-Streets Of Rage
    -Zelda
    -Metal Gear Solid
    -Street Fighter
    -Ghost Recon
    -Fable
    -Halo
    -Goldeneye

Everything from the Super Smash Brothers games, I'm obsessed with video game music, I like getting all the remixes too, This guy is worth looking at http://www.youtube.com/user/videogamedj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭eddie.fandango

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    -Streets Of Rage
    -Zelda
    -Metal Gear Solid
    -Street Fighter
    -Ghost Recon
    -Fable
    -Halo
    -Goldeneye

Everything from the Super Smash Brothers games, I'm obsessed with video game music, I like getting all the remixes too, This guy is worth looking at http://www.youtube.com/user/videogamedj

Street of Rage II right? That game had great music!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

My top five would be:Final Fantasy VII,IX,CrisisCore,ChronoTrigger and Zelda OOT.Also Return Fire for PS1 had a great soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Starcraft(especially the terran stuff) and Quake!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

The original GTA on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Favourites are Final Fantasy X and X-2, Silent Hill 2 and 3. The Burnout and Tony Hawk games usually have a decent soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

-Ace Combat (2nd game)
    -Final Fantasy series - (Zanarkand,Eyes on Me etc)
    -Metal Gear Series (especially No.2)
    -Some of the Sonic Hedgehog theme's - Green Hill Zone
    -Command and Conquer - Hell March theme

Any Final Fantasy fans...check this and enjoy !!!..the whole concert is there in the playlist,,,its amazing !!
    From the concert "Beginning of Fantasy"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How could you mention Eyes on Me, it's disgusting!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How could you mention Eyes on Me, it's disgusting!

All depends doesn't it, its associated with a great memory for me...so everytime i hear it it cheers me up. Different strokes for different folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Nights: Into Dreams on Dreamcast..... very relaxing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

It's Bejeweled 2 for me. By a guy who calls himself Skaven. He seems to do the music for a lot of the Popcap games. He offers the mp3s to his music up for free download on his website, he just asks that you don't use them in anything commercial. Very talented guy:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yep Final fantasy ST's do it for me. The praise has already been delivered in this thread. If I had to pick one in particular id say ff7.

Metal gear ST is a great one too, I wish some of them were remastered.

Silent hill, great music. I especially have an interest in the track "Red Pyramids", which is a pretty f***ed up track. Im betting for them to make that track; they threw a recorder into a busy metal bashing plant, took a weak angle grinder to some titanium and added some freaky ambient to top it off. Listening at full volume with headphones on desensitizes the brain.

Jesper kyd (Hitman ST's) 'nuff said. He did one disco track called "Slaughter club" in Hitman contracts which I was well impressed with, it fit so well with the level. I think he deserves some credit for getting the hitman series to where it is today. That said, he has won some awards for said soundtracks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Krieg wrote: »
    Jesper kyd...
    He did the Freedom Fighters music too, which everyone should listen to as well. Will post some Youtube links tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne had one of the best OSTs I can think of. Quite haunting music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Every one of the Medal Of Honour Games.
    Halo 3.
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2.
    Medieval 2: Total War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

For anyone into hard rock/metal, then "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines" deserves an honourable mention. Perfectly dark and moody music in the streets, metal in the bars, and Lacuna Coil playing the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

For anyone into hard rock/metal, then "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines" deserves an honourable mention. Perfectly dark and moody music in the streets, metal in the bars, and Lacuna Coil playing the credits.
    I never finished this, I really should get back to it one day. The music is indeed great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

GothPunk wrote: »
    I never finished this, I really should get back to it one day. The music is indeed great.

Yeah, I abandoned it 5 years ago because it was clearly unfinished, but played it again last month after finding out that it's been fan-patched up with a lot of the unfinished content put back in, and most of the bugs ironed out. Without a doubt it was the most enjoyable game I played in the last year- excellent RPG system, great story, characters, music, and some genuinely comic dialogue. It takes a while to get into, and there are still some frustrating parts which I don't think can be fixed without access to the original hard code, but it's still well worth revisiting. [/off-topic!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

Donkey Kong Country 2
    Metroid Prime
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Chrono Trigger

My logic is undeniable.

Logic being ?? Only pick games from Nintendo ?

Add
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    Final Fantasy - certain themes from each

But in truth...there is a whole other thread related to this aptly titled

"Favourite Game Soundtracks!" :rolleyes:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055544787

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

No More Heroes.

It seems (at least to me) that in each Metal gear Solid there is only one or two tracks that really, really stick out. The Love theme in MGS4, Cynthia Harrels number in MGS3, main theme from MGS2 and Psycho Mantis' theme from MGS1 are the ones that spring to mind immediately. Granted i've not played a Metal Gear Solid game for a while so I'm probably missing some gems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Silent Hill 2 OST

/thread

Advertisement