Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing AVCHD

Options
  • 21-04-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have just bought a Panasonic Camcorder HDC-SD100. Using the bundled HD Writer 2.6E for HDC editing software seems to work okay when copying the clips from the unit onto my PC. The problem I have is, if I put the SD card into a card reader and try to open it in Premier Pro CS4. All I can view are stills (jpeg files) and no video files are shown.
    Also, If I copy the scenes onto my PC with HD Writer I cannot open them in any other editing software. Where am I going wrong and how can I get the footage into Premier Pro 4?
    My PC is new and 4gb of Ram plus Intel Core 2 Quad and loads of storage.
    I'm new to this game, so treat me gently please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

http://tinyurl.com/dbb7pw

2 other things - i'd reccommend getting a firewire card for the pc (if it doesn't already have firewire) and buy a firewire external drive. You should avoid as much as possible editing off the same drive as the software is running.

Advertisement