Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I give up..... chasing women"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I think it's nice being asked for Sunday brunch or a cuppa! Sure otherwise you can't get to know the person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

hey gaeilge. someone mentioned you in a previous post. your an old romantic at heart:)

pity the new breed of irish woman doesnt want that at the start. that stuff is to be saved for a couple of months down the line or depending if shes an american student from an upper middle class white family you better follow the sex and the city exactly as it is in the script:)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Speaking of dating... what is there to do in Galway other than going for a few drinks or to the cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Speaking of dating... what is there to do in Galway other than going for a few drinks or to the cinema?

Coffee, dinner, walk the prom use your imagination for god sake. There is plenty to do in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Apart from what's been said above.....

Crazy golf out at the amusments

Go see the Green Dragon out Salthill

Go to the Aquarium

Laughter Lounge every Wednesday @ Roisin Dubh (I'm sure there's plenty more comedy gigs on too)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Id never offer to buy a girl a drink, i can see them coming a mile away, if they want to chat no problem but i want be buying them a drink and i tell them this, some girls find it quiet refreshing

Id never offer to buy a girl a drink, i can see them coming a mile away, if they want to chat no problem but i want be buying them a drink and i tell them this, some girls find it quiet refreshing

I think 'buying a girl a drink' is the most moronic thing a guy can do, I cringe when I hear people say it at bars. OK if you're taking the girl out and you offer to buy her a drink, but not a total stranger at the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭GrayD

Strangely I've tried asking girls to do ALL of the above on first few meetings but they are never interested...

Walk on the prom, cup of tea/coffee, cinema, bowling, dancing, anything at all...

All were no goes! They "aren't the sporty type" or "had a hard day" so its always the same, first time or two is the pub, then the cinema on the 3rd maybe.

It's all well and grand, I like the pub and cinema as much as anyone but I'd love a girl to challenge me ya know... tell me she wants to go kite-surfing! haha, ok, but something like that. That would really impress me in a girl, go do something fun by day and not just eat or drink to hang out. Its rare though.

GrayD wrote: »
    Strangely I've tried asking girls to do ALL of the above on first few meetings but they are never interested...

Walk on the prom, cup of tea/coffee, cinema, bowling, dancing, anything at all...

All were no goes! They "aren't the sporty type" or "had a hard day" so its always the same, first time or two is the pub, then the cinema on the 3rd maybe.

It's all well and grand, I like the pub and cinema as much as anyone but I'd love a girl to challenge me ya know... tell me she wants to go kite-surfing! haha, ok, but something like that. That would really impress me in a girl, go do something fun by day and not just eat or drink to hang out. Its rare though.

Yer going for the wrong girls then, or just girls that arent your type.

I'm the same as you, if a girl said she'd love to go rock climbing, kayaking or wind-surfing etc. i'd be putty in her hands.

I've brought girls wakeboarding/waterskiing/doghnutting and then for a BBQ after and they've loved it, eventhough they wouldn't be the sporty type - they don't be long getting hooked! It was something different from the norm

Yep, well I wish I knew where to find THOSE girls... I don't pick any type I just find thats how most are....

I actually had the EXACT idea about the BBQ, thought it'd be a novelty to BBQ dinner instead of just ordering pizza but it was like I was torturing the girl suggesting we weren't phoning dominoes... I just thought it was a nice way to finish the evening. Ah well..

One girl, asked me to bring her a "surprise" from the shop, got a kinda novelty item I thought was cool cos I havent seen it since I was a kid in the shops and she got in a huff I didn't bring a mars bar.!?!?

Asked another girl if she'd like to go for dinner one time but no "She hd some pasta in the fridge". Girls I know its not all trills and spills but when a guy makes a tiny little effort to try something remotely different it might be impressive if ye actually enjoyed it or appreciated it.

These are all different girls, I like saying in and having a quiet night too but when you just meet someone it'd be nice if they tried a LITTLE to seem fun or exciting.

• Advertisement

Dude, if they're not being enthusiastic with your suggestions, it generally means that they're just not that into you... or am I reading this totally wrong? :confused:

Yeah, I know it sounds that way but its always like they'll be asking to hang out and drink or watch tv and all that.

But its more then when I suggest something different they're just like "Eh, No... but lets go to the pub"...

If it was a hint they didnt wanna do ANYTHING with me I'd get it but then stop asking me to do stuff. I just wish girls were a bit more intersting or something

GrayD wrote: »
    Yeah, I know it sounds that way but its always like they'll be asking to hang out and drink or watch tv and all that.

But its more then when I suggest something different they're just like "Eh, No... but lets go to the pub"...

If it was a hint they didnt wanna do ANYTHING with me I'd get it but then stop asking me to do stuff. I just wish girls were a bit more intersting or something

Well if you're hanging around with them, just tell them you're taking them out for a surprise date/whatever and just do it, rather than suggesting to them (because they'll say no)

Geez this is turning into a PI thread:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

See I totlally want to do stuff like that! Am only in Galway at the weekends, so the comedy nights are a no go. But I would be up for water skiing and stuff. Im totally not sporty in anyway though. Anyone any links to stuff like that in the city?

Anything thats different. Not just dinner, coffee and drinks etc.

See I totlally want to do stuff like that! Am only in Galway at the weekends, so the comedy nights are a no go. But I would be up for water skiing and stuff. Im totally not sporty in anyway though. Anyone any links to stuff like that in the city?

Unfortunately there are no Waterski centres in Galway, I just bring them out on my own boat. However, there's Rusheen Windsurfing School and plenty of horse centre places. Granted walloping around in horse sh1te isin't exactly romantic, but it's outdoors, fun and generally girls like horses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I just bring them out on my own boat.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why JohnCleary gets all the girls.

That and his sweet secret underground lair, of course.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why JohnCleary gets all the girls.

That and his sweet secret underground lair, of course.

Boll1x it is, the women get wet for me when I tell them about my nuclear doomsday device

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

I've brought girls wakeboarding/waterskiing/doghnutting and then for a BBQ after and they've loved it, eventhough they wouldn't be the sporty type - they don't be long getting hooked! It was something different from the norm

I would love if a guy did something like that!!! Shows that he is fun and imaginative. Maybe she is nervous to do this on a first date and thinks that a drink will calm her nerves????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

let me help you here i went out with a guy..thought he was so hot for so long..we had that whole notice each other from across the room thing going on nd luk away incase they saw u,,ya know? :p anyways that went on 4 a while then he asked me out... ruined everything.. it was like he liked me too much... did everything for me.. back off... followed me if id go to the bar by myself...back off... if i wanted to go tlk to my friends...back off...but the worst thing was ..he was just too nice... no banter... slag me and make fun of me and have fun with me... dunno y but god i wuda loved him then...be cool and stop trying "to find" a girlfriend or sum1 to go out with i find that so weird...if u see someone and u like them fine..but to actually waste ur time thinking bout how u cant find anyone...reeks of desperation pal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

sharms wrote: »
    let me help you here i went out with a guy..thought he was so hot for so long..we had that whole notice each other from across the room thing going on nd luk away incase they saw u,,ya know? :p anyways that went on 4 a while then he asked me out... ruined everything.. it was like he liked me too much... did everything for me.. back off... followed me if id go to the bar by myself...back off... if i wanted to go tlk to my friends...back off...but the worst thing was ..he was just too nice... no banter... slag me and make fun of me and have fun with me... dunno y but god i wuda loved him then...be cool and stop trying "to find" a girlfriend or sum1 to go out with i find that so weird...if u see someone and u like them fine..but to actually waste ur time thinking bout how u cant find anyone...reeks of desperation pal :D

You single now then? if your looking for a guy to make fun of you, put you down and just treat you like garbage I'm your man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

no actually..ahem we ended up goin out for 3.5 years till now.... :D told him he had 2b a man..it worked ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭conordaniel

why dont you take a stroll by the old long walk, oh yeah and dont forget a cadburys twirl:D

i recently found myself wandering the streets of dublin at night waiting for a bus back to galway and i didnt come across one single girl who i thought was a 'working' girl. buy a book or something and learn to string a sentence together before blue balls sets in because you dont have the easy option of the dublin alleyway:)

jesus that sounds so sleazy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

sharms wrote: »
    no actually..ahem we ended up goin out for 3.5 years till now.... :D told him he had 2b a man..it worked ha :D

So now he unknowingly says mean and hurtful things thinking it's funny?, burps and farts at will?, talks across you in the company of others? and tells you to shut up when theres something good on? Nature all around us!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sianery

i just skipped to the end so if its been said **** it i will say it better.

you seem like your trying to be her friend. if she doesn't shag her friends then why do you want to be her friend. plainest way i can put it.

girls want a fella to kind of put them on the spot, challenge them a bit, have a laugh, even take the piss out of them a little bit.

once you get a laugh out of her give her the cheeky grin look into her eyes for a few seconds and then look away and start talking to whoever else in in the group and bring her into the conversation after a few seconds. rinse and repeat and couple of times and then focus your attention on her.

if you make it really obvious you want it, you wont get it!

having a good wingman and chatting up two girls at once is way easier than going solo.

and jesus never mention sex within the first hour of meeting and never try to find a movie you both like so you can talk about it, you may as well throw some ice down your pants.

if you ever heard the phrase nice guys finish last, well that goes double when chatting up girls no matter what the females on here say they still like the disinterested interesting funny guy with the cheeky grin and a quick tounge:)

Someone seems to be quite the expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Sianery wrote: »
    Someone seems to be quite the expert.

I would double that too, some very interesting posts here giving good advice,
    enjoy reading them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

doghnutting
    As in Doughnutting? As in spinning the car around in circles? What an odd date! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

dlofnep sympathises with the OP. :(

Tis feckin' terrible boss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCRZLr9oRw the OP should listen to this.:D

Advertisement