Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains from Colooney

Options
  • 21-04-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I had to go to Longford last weekend. It was for p*ss-up, so I'd absolutely no choice. Anyhow, I toyed with the idea of taking the train from Colooney & leaving the car at the station in order to avoid driving back, ever so slightly unhinged.

So I went on Irish Rail to get times & prices. Got the times alright, but there is absolutely no information on how much it would cost - my only option was to send a message to Irish Rail, via the website, with my enquiry. I did & recieved an automatic reply, stating "Your email will be forwarded to the individual best suited to answer your query."

That was last Monday. The booze-up was last Friday. I still haven't got a reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I had to go to Longford last weekend. It was for p*ss-up, so I'd absolutely no choice. Anyhow, I toyed with the idea of taking the train from Colooney & leaving the car at the station in order to avoid driving back, ever so slightly unhinged.

So I went on Irish Rail to get times & prices. Got the times alright, but there is absolutely no information on how much it would cost - my only option was to send a message to Irish Rail, via the website, with my enquiry. I did & recieved an automatic reply, stating "Your email will be forwarded to the individual best suited to answer your query."

That was last Monday. The booze-up was last Friday. I still haven't got a reply.

You had a choice,you could have got the bus:)

Why didn't you just ring them,it's alot quicker and you would have got an answer straight away.

How much did it cost you in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bobcar61 wrote: »
    You had a choice,you could have got the bus:)

Why didn't you just ring them,it's alot quicker and you would have got an answer straight away.

How much did it cost you in the end?

The bus?!! I'm not a feckin student. Telephones??? What's the interweb for? (I knew it would be crap considering it's irish). So, I drove. It cost me €15 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The bus?!! I'm not a feckin student. Telephones??? What's the interweb for? (I knew it would be crap considering it's irish). So, I drove. It cost me €15 max.

And drove back after a pissup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I have noticed that they never have the prices on their website!

You coulda skyped them from the interweb!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    And drove back after a pissup?

Not straight afterwards. I had a little snooze & a breakfast roll first*. :D

(* = it is a well known fact that the grease in a breakfast roll can soak up to 4 gallons of alcohol. )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Not straight afterwards. I had a little snooze & a breakfast roll first*. :D

(* = it is a well known fact that the grease in a breakfast roll can soak up to 4 gallons of alcohol. )

:P

Advertisement