Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York City Marathon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I'm planning this in 2010. It's early but can anyone give me idea of hotels your staying at and prices for 2009?

Merci and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭runsalot

im staying in the Fresh hotel/hostel 94th West.
    My Gfriend and i got one week for 354 dollars each.Its only a mile from the finish line so that and the price was good enough for me to pick it.We have to share showers and toilet with the rest of the floor,but we have are own room.All i need is the bed.
    Getting ready and havin ran the marathon all the other mod cons of dear hotels will be lost on me anyways.
    Just my 2cents :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

runsalot wrote: »
    just got an email last night saying i got accepted into the sub-elite program.Ill have to have the tri-colour on show somewhere on me gear :-)

Shur...can't you wear your club colours ?
    You will be as Irish as they come in that.

I will be.
    But a little extra green white and gold will go nicely with it :-)
    Hope your on target yourself for Dublin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Its all done now,i am winding down this week and the next two weeks will feel like im doing nothing at all,i'm happy with the way it went so i will just have to wait and see what happens on the day.
    Best of luck to you aswell,i will be looking out for your result.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

I`m doing this, got accepted but didn`t hear a peep outta the orgainisers since...Didn`t get anything posted to me so am I missing something?!?!
    Thought I`d just print my acceptace email and my bib no. info and bring ID to the expo...?!?!

Anyway on a lighter note EXPO oh I just love EXPOs :D
    And this is an american expo so I`m expecting BIG!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Alright folks, after all the excitement of watching the Dublin race yesterday I'm in the mood to punish myself on Sunday :D

How is everyone fixed at this stage ?
    Heading over on Friday myself and to the expo on Sat morning as early as possible. Staying out in the Long Island area with friends so have a good spin in on the morning of the race but that'll have me well awake and the breakfast digested in plenty of time.

Plenty of updates on the site in the last week regards on course entertainment, corrals and the elite fields.

Weather currently predicted for around 16 degrees as a high with the overnight temps on Sat night / Sun morning supposed to be no lower than around 8 degrees so that would be a help for the early start.

Got the Irishfit tricolour singlet too to put over the base layer so i'll be hoping to spot a few gaels out on the Fort early Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I really wish I was going now. I'll hopefully be using my place next year now. Enjoy it, NY is meant to be absolutely amazing.

I really wish I was going now. I'll hopefully be using my place next year now. Enjoy it, NY is meant to be absolutely amazing.

Thanks RQ, well done on the PB and the perseverance yesterday despite the past month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

Ballot for 2010 starts next Monday it seems. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭dnjoyce

where did you get the corral info Rovers_Runner? I got bib number and start time but can't find anything further? Cheers.

dnjoyce wrote: »
    where did you get the corral info Rovers_Runner? I got bib number and start time but can't find anything further? Cheers.

Hey dnjoyce,
    see the following corral chart for the info you'll need.
    http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entrantinfo/717.htm
    If you have your bib number you'll work it out from the chart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

Alright folks, after all the excitement of watching the Dublin race yesterday I'm in the mood to punish myself on Sunday :D

How is everyone fixed at this stage ?
    Heading over on Friday myself and to the expo on Sat morning as early as possible. Staying out in the Long Island area with friends so have a good spin in on the morning of the race but that'll have me well awake and the breakfast digested in plenty of time.

Plenty of updates on the site in the last week regards on course entertainment, corrals and the elite fields.

Weather currently predicted for around 16 degrees as a high with the overnight temps on Sat night / Sun morning supposed to be no lower than around 8 degrees so that would be a help for the early start.

Got the Irishfit tricolour singlet too to put over the base layer so i'll be hoping to spot a few gaels out on the Fort early Sunday.
    Best of luck RR, I'm envious - though I'd struggle with just the 385 yards at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Best of luck all of ye doing this. I look forward to reading your reports. Enjoy the occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Will this be on TV here does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Will this be on TV here does anyone know?

It's gonna be on eurosport Sunday afternoon for a few hours.

I`m in Orange Wave #1 Corral # 13
    I`ll be wearing me AthenryAC so gimme a shout!!
    I`m predicting 3.55/4hrs cos I`m still not recovered after 100mile shock!!
    Heading out tommorrrow afternoon,
    Good luck to the rest of ye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Magnet wrote: »

Best of luck Magnet. Hope it all goes well for you.

Best of luck Magnet, I'm in Orange wave #3.
    Will be flying tomorrow afternoon too, nicely toasted on ativan to enjoy the flight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

It's gonna be on eurosport Sunday afternoon for a few hours.

Thanks.... Don't have Eurosport though!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

I'll keep an eye out for you but I think I am in Wave 3. Anyway give a shout if you see a Tipperary shirt!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wish I hadn't dropped out now. :pac:

Best of luck guys hope you enjoy it.

And Magnet, bet you run sub 3:30. :)

Arrived over fri night had dinner and went on a teeny bit of a bender that lasted into saturday afternoon, managed to pick up my no. at expo , almost met HardWorker who had nipped out for a hotdog methinks?!?!, couldn`t eat my pasta dinner and went home for an early night but couldn`t sleep, got up sunday with a massive hangover had some cornflakes and off to the start with a banana in my hand...I almost missed the 1st wave but just got in before the 9am cutoff - loads were jumping over the fence and onto the portaloos to get in!! I was real pleased to see the 1st water stn and the next and the next!!! Fantastic crowds all the way and you could clearly see the different cultures as you go thru the streets, gospel choirs, reggae, curly sideburns etc
    I was going alright til 19/20 and then died to the end!! As long as I was inside 4hrs I was able to live with myself..3:50:58 It was hilly but nothing major, plenty of gatorade and water stns nearly every 2miles, in cups, I`d deffinitely reccommend this to anyone even for a fast run because it only took me 2 mins to cross the line and I could have gotten a lot nearer but didn`t wanna breathe fumes on the athletes!!

Was shoting for a 2:30 on the day.Didnt go to plan,put learned alot from it and will change the training plan for Rotterdam marathon.
    2:38:46 it was a tough day at the office 1:15:08 @ halfway

Great buzz the whole weekend,they really do know how to put an event together.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marathonm@n

runsalot wrote: »
    im staying in the Fresh hotel/hostel 94th West.
    My Gfriend and i got one week for 354 dollars each.Its only a mile from the finish line so that and the price was good enough for me to pick it.We have to share showers and toilet with the rest of the floor,but we have are own room.All i need is the bed.
    Getting ready and havin ran the marathon all the other mod cons of dear hotels will be lost on me anyways.
    Just my 2cents :-)

PLease could you give me some feedback on this hostel and would you recommend it or any others you would recommend instead.Thanks in advance, or can anybody recommend any good spots. Thanks

Advertisement