Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend's Birthday

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right place to post this.
    My gf's birthday is coming up shortly. We've been going out around 2 years now.
    I was thinking of ordering a barbershop quartet to sing for her.

Does anyone know if/how this can be arranged?

Thanks in advance,
    Ball

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moved from PI as here would be a better place for it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

no offence but surely there are better things to do than a quartet !!!

is she into sports...what about a bungee jump, parachute jump, helicopter tour/lesson...... explore her wild side !!!

if she would enjoy a quartet playing just for her - then go for that.

if you are organising anything..... try simple things which make a difference - like a waiter bringing along a single rose on a tray (assuming you take her out to dinner) ....or maybe waiter bringing her a present...or stage something like cops arriving to arrest you then start singing or serenading her in the restaurant...followed by you giving her a birthday pressie.

I tried to get a celeb (colin firth or liam neeson) to present a card/cake to my EX when it was her birthday (due to various connections .....long story short PR people told me it wasnt possible due to lack of time available) ..... ended out getting her a helicopter lesson (she's never been in a helicopter and I think she'll love it)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

Yeah, those adventure gifts are pretty cool all right, but I presume your goin for this coz know your girlfriend will like it. And in fairness, it's my best friends dream for a guy to somehow involve Barbershop Quartets into a relationship (she is a bit bonkers, and I love her for it :)).

Stupid question maybe, but did you try the golden pages and google or the music boards?

Advertisement