Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Designated Driver

• 21-04-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Late one evening, an officer was parked outside a local pub. He noticed a man leaving the bar who was so intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer quietly observing. After the intoxicated man had tried his keys on five different vehicles, he managed to find his car and fall into the driver's seat.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off, flicked the indicators on, tooted the horn, and then finally switched on the lights. He remained stationery for a few more minutes as more cars left the parking lot. After what seemed like an eternity, he pulled out of the lot and started to drive slowly down the road.

The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over, and carried out a breathalyzer test.

To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said “I’ll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station; this equipment must be broken.”

“I doubt it,” said the man, “tonight I’m the designated decoy.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Come on people, I'm giving you gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Surely that's a crime? So he'd be going to the police station anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Surely that's a crime? So he'd be going to the police station anyway?

Haha, come back to me when you find out exactly what crime he's committed! :) this joke had me in stitches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KitKat4Me

I love this joke! It's so funny. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

:)
    Dave147 wrote: »
    Haha, come back to me when you find out exactly what crime he's committed! :)

Operating a car horn between the hours of 23.30 and 07.00 perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brilliant stuff. Just what I needed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

very good. I has a plan

Advertisement