Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's roaming agreement with vodafone?

• 22-04-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi guys,

Rite, im well aware of the raoming agreement with vodafone that meteor have in places where meteor do not have coverage of their own..and this often overlaps into places which meteor have perfectly adaquete coverage.

Here,in Rosscarbery iv noticed something strange.

Meteors coverage dies of inside my building, and it then normally swithes over to vodafone. Nothing strange there.

However iv jsut upgraded my fone to a nokia 3G phone.

Now when Meteor loses coverage in my building it goes onto Vodafones 3G network.9the symbol for 3g is located on top left screen)

the internet is very fast so its not a phone glitch im genunily roaming on vodafones 3G network.

Anyone care to suggest how this is possible??

As far as im aware they only have a roaming agreement with vodafone for use of there 2g and 2.5g

P.s this doesnt happen anywhere else... as its also happening to my friend same situation .:D

EDIT!!!!!!!!! i jsut did a manula network search and selected vodafone 3g and hey presto 3g coverage...interent flying calls texts.... tested this jsut now in clonakilty. have meteor access to vodafones 3g network?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i seen my phone connect to vodafone 3G network just outside of cork. i would never have noticed it if it wasn't for the network telling me it was on 272-01. there were also meteor's own 3g masts around and i could select them. i don't think they let you register to just any vodafone 3G mast only certain ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

just think of 3g like a playstation 3 you can still play you playstation 1 and 2 game and you have all the new toys vodafone/meteor are trying to upgrade all there masts to 3g as they can have more data flow (calls/texts/net) without slowing service and to help with there mobile broadband services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

ya but meteor dont have a roaming agreement for sue of vodafones 3g??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

TGi666 wrote: »
    just think of 3g like a playstation 3 you can still play you playstation 1 and 2 game and you have all the new toys vodafone/meteor are trying to upgrade all there masts to 3g as they can have more data flow (calls/texts/net) without slowing service and to help with there mobile broadband services
    Yea.. and then they remove the emotionengine and fuck you over.

Advertisement