Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok who on earth is driving the Garda Van around Melbourne

Options
  • 22-04-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

As silly as it sounds its sort of true , while driving down Alexandra Parade on to the eastern Freeway I spotted the Word "GARDA" stamped across the back of A Hi-Ace. I of course thought it was an Irish firm of Builders but as I drove past the Van it had a full blue strip along it with the Garda badge in the middle not to Mention a Garda Badge and "GARDA" on the Door. If I found it parked up I would get a shot of it to stick on the emergency services Forum.

It really did give us a good laugh. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Hi i saw something the same when i was in cairns in october,actually got a shot of it when it was parked,unfortunately iv given my photos to some friends to have a look,when i get them back il scan it up you can see if its the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

not the same one i saw in cairns no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Nope the one I saw had windows in the back. good to know there is two off them though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Theres a few of them around, the one in Cairns in October was probably the same one I saw in Darwin in September, they were headed that way, offical garda logo n all...

I worked a few days with one of the lads in the Melbourne one last month, its engines gearbox is bollocksed and its up for sale now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I seen a similar van in april 2007!!

nm wrote: »
    Theres a few of them around, the one in Cairns in October was probably the same one I saw in Darwin in September, they were headed that way, offical garda logo n all...

I worked a few days with one of the lads in the Melbourne one last month, its engines gearbox is bollocksed and its up for sale now!

Did he/she ever mention why the garda livery...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

classic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Yeah I've seen it too. Welcome to Melbourne Zambia!! Good to see things worked out for you.

Cheers Dave have not heard from you in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Yeah I'm certain I've seen it around st kilda, been around for at least two years

First time I'd just been in aus a few weeks and was cycling along a footpath without a helmet and for a second I thought 'feck! the cops!'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Keitel

I'd say there's plenty of them about.One featured in Hectors Down Under travel programme.Load of lads from the midlands driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

spotted one today in Coogee. WA plates (last three disits 959 - or similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

did it look like this?
    A friend of a friend painted their van when going up the coast a few weeks ago, and it was outside my house for the long weekend

hussey wrote: »
    did it look like this?

Hard to say Hussey

I don't see a Garda emblem on the side of it so I am going to say no.

I also don't remember the fake gay blue lights.

It could be though if further additions have been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

hussey wrote: »
    did it look like this?
    A friend of a friend painted their van when going up the coast a few weeks ago, and it was outside my house for the long weekend

the one in coogee didnt have the blues on top but apart from that similar layout (rego different obv).

If the two guys that were in the van are reading ...hope your eyes are ok they nearly popped out when one bikini babe walked by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I seen a Garda van a few times around Petersham/Marrickville, So I took a picture the other day as I remembered there was a thread on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

4821189700_3fd7893e49_z.jpg

April last, caught it on the GOR at the Bay of Islands stop just north of Peterborough in Victoria. I did a double-take when it pulled in beside me :D

• Advertisement

Thats the one ...any full frontal shots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

'fraid not! that was the only photo i took of it. There was people still in it at the time :o Didn't go in for a real close look, looked almost like a genuine import, but i got the feeling it was just well made up for the backpackers.

[edit] lol! i just re-read your post! :D

I guess that van I saw was the one myhorse was on about, which one was featured on Hector san Astráil.

Also anyone got a copy of Hector san Astráil? I have been after it for a while I even tried emailing the man himself. No joy.

Advertisement