Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing music on Car Stereo from mobile via bluetooth

• 22-04-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

My E71 plays music to the car stereo via bluetooth, but even though the 'stream' seems fine (no crackling), the sound seems very thinny. Would anyone know if that is a wiring issue or is bluetooth not suitable for music? Is this the best way of playing music from your mobile on the car system, or is it a case of having to get wires or use an FM transmitter as I do with my iPod?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Both your phone and car stereo need to support A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)

The e71 supports it but without knowing what kind of car stereo or car kit your using I can't help any further.

Is the sound very thinny, or just mono. If it's just mono then one of your devices dosn't support A2DP. Fine for phone calls but bad for music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

It is a kind of mono sound alright. I have a Parrot CK3100 installed in the car rather than a built in blue tooth system. I suppose it would be worth ugrading for stereo. I have to say that I love that E71 - brilliant phone.

Going off topic, does anyone know how often the Navteq maps are updated? The one on my E71 is quite old

EDIT

Found the answer regarding music on the CK3100, thanks drunkmonkey

https://www.expansys.ie/ft.aspx?k=34651

'Short answer: Yes, but quality will be horrible.

Long answer: Every Phone that connects via handsfree profile with the ck3100 will transmit ALL tones to the kit. There is basically no difference if it is a ringtone, message alert tone, battery low beep, keypress tone or even MP3 music (if the phone is capable). That is more or less the good side of it. Bad side of it is obviously that it might be annoying to have the CK3100 mute the radio every time you "generate a tone" - e.g. by dialing manually. Usually that is not a big problem because on most phones you can adjust the tone profile that should be used when connected to not allow keypress or warning tones etc.

Now when it comes to playing mp3s - the problem is that the Audio is transfered via Bluetooth. The Handsfree Profile is optimized for telephone applications and not for music. Besides the music only being Mono the used Codecs, Bitrate and Bandwidth of that Bluetooth Profile are simply not designed for high quality music transfer.

If you want to use your SPV C500 in your car as a mp3 Player try using a simple cable connector to your car stereo (if available). And don't forget your car charger - the way I know Windows Mobile Mobiles you will need it.

In the future with Bluetooth 1.2 there are new Bluetooth Stereo Profiles (A2DP - Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which will lead to high quality stereo sound via Bluetooth when Phone and car-kit have that Profile.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

IIMII wrote: »
    It is a kind of mono sound alright. I have a Parrot CK3100 installed in the car rather than a built in blue tooth system. I suppose it would be worth ugrading for stereo.

You could upgrade your car stereo or upgrade your parrot car kt, parrot do a few car kits that are designed for music... http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits , personally I use an ipod for music in the car, have to look into a car kit myself that does it all.. e71 & ipod together...

yip, the e71 is a cracking phone...i've no idea about the navtech i've a tom tom sorry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah you need a carkit that is Bluetooth A2DP compatiable, I have the MK6100 and its a great bit of kit for mobiles, its works with loads of phones I had.
    Se K800i, SE K850i, G900 (Symbian UIQ platform) and Xperia (Windows platform), just make sure you get the external microphone in the packaging, using the microphones on the display is a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/MEX-BT2500

I got this about a year ago for €180. Sit into the car and it auto pairs. Pauses music during a phone call, use the volume knob to answer/hang up/change call volume (surprise surprise). If you have sat nav going, it dims the music slightly and plays the voice command through the speakers. All in all, great stereo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement