Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway panoramics

• 22-04-2009 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Here are some panoramics I took today. I hope to take some more around the city soon.

preview1iri.jpg

preview2j.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The people at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27 would enjoy these, I'd say!

How did you take the pictures?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They're great!

You should head up circular road and get some of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

nice work :)

+1 on the circular road suggestion. perhaps ballyloughane out in renmore too to get a panorama of the Burren Hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

I see this thread was moved to Photography. An obvious move I suppose but I was kind of hoping to take panoramics of various parts of Galway City for the people in the Galway City forum.

Not that my pictures are spectacular or anything, it's just interesting to see an area you know, and live in, in an extra wide format.

If this thread is based in Photography then the people who I think would find the pictures interesting, might miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

elyod wrote: »
    I see this thread was moved to Photography. An obvious move I suppose but I was kind of hoping to take panoramics of various parts of Galway City for the people in the Galway City forum.

Not that my pictures are spectacular or anything, it's just interesting to see an area you know, and live in, in an extra wide format.

If this thread is based in Photography then the people who I think would find the pictures interesting, might miss out.

I fully agree with you - I wouldn't have noticed your nice photos only for seeing them in the Galway City forum before the thread was moved.
    Nothing against having them in the Photography forum, just that these pics have particular appeal to Galway people.

• Advertisement

ooh what software did you use for the panoramas?

the_syco wrote: »
    How did you take the pictures?

You just take a sequence of pictures making sure you have a bit of overlap between the pictures, then use stitching software which will join all of the images together automatically in a minute or two.
    ooh what software did you use for the panoramas?

I use Microsoft's ICE (free) and Photoshop's photomerge feature.

Sometimes you get a better join using one over the other so I usually let both of them at the images and see which one produces the most natural looking result.

Autostitch is another free one.

It was such a nice day today I decided to head out the Barna road to see a bit of West Galway.

pan2halfpreview.jpg

pan3halfpreview.jpg

pan4halfpreview.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

the second one is beautiful.
    good work!

great reflections in the water, such a beautiful stillness to it all!

Advertisement