Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South wall, ringsend

• 22-04-2009 1:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Took a walk out on the south wall today after work and shot these. Except for a bit of cropping in no. 2 they are out of the camera.

72C0A89A4EC84F2DB32F47551B95F84C-800.jpg

BBE7387E01044FF9AC9A98E56421FC07-800.jpg

A50CD47122064D13A022BF4D6CFAC34C-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

first one is really interesting!
    last one is great, its now my new desktop background....i hope you don't mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Really like number 1 Buzz. Was it misty down there or is that a haze from the sun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

Love 1 & 3!!
    Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Last one is excellent, first two need a run through levels just a bit washed out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Borderfox wrote: »
    Last one is excellent, first two need a run through levels just a bit washed out

I'd agree.

Whats with the guy in the centre of Nº2? He looks like he's up to something :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

trooney wrote: »
    I'd agree.

Invisible zimmer frame ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

I like the washed out first one - would look good on canvas. As for composition I think would look well with the tower as far right as possible. You'd probably have to chop and move it in PS - or fall off the edge of the pier to get it 'in camera' ;-)

(went ahead and PS'd to show - hope that's ok)
    ringsend.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Piriz wrote: »
    first one is really interesting!
    last one is great, its now my new desktop background....i hope you don't mind

Thanks for the comments Piriz and the compliment. The desktop version is free, however when I make my first million then there might be a royalty charge :D
    bovril wrote: »
    Really like number 1 Buzz. Was it misty down there or is that a haze from the sun?

Cheers Bovril. It was actually a beautiful evening. Blue sky with a sprinkling of clound but not enough to keep the sun away. The walk down was crystal clear, however on the way back at the light house you could see this haze over Dublin. I deliberately shot in manual and over exposed the sky to bring out the haze / mist.

alexandros wrote: »
    Love 1 & 3!!
    Well done!

Thank you very much
    Borderfox wrote: »

Cheers Keith. I was reading a book the other night about film - monochrome of course, and the more I read the more I thought. So I hopped out of bed, grabbed the camera and set my jpgs to BW. It made such a big difference when I was able to see what I was getting instead of waiting for LR to convert.
    I'd agree with you on no.2 - I'm not really sure about it but I like 1. PIX is known for lightening things up a bit which I didn't allow for when I uploaded, so it is a slight bit darker in reality - but not much !
    trooney wrote: »
    I'd agree.

The guy was actually fishing !! He might have been just getting rid of some body parts when I caught him, it's either that or he get his hook caught in his zipper :D:D
    Howitzer wrote: »
    I like the washed out first one - would look good on canvas. As for composition I think would look well with the tower as far right as possible. You'd probably have to chop and move it in PS - or fall off the edge of the pier to get it 'in camera' ;-)

(went ahead and PS'd to show - hope that's ok)
    ringsend.jpg

Cheers. I had the same idea of canvas in mind when I was shooting it. As for the PS. While I like the idea - and it does look well, I'd rather the background be recognised for where it is, I'm also not fond of digital manipulation where it can be avoided. In saying that I had a group shot a while ago where it needed 'cleaning up' ;)

Thanks for all your feedback. Its been nice to have some honest comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

agreed - I would rarely suggest a manipulation and prefer to get it right in camera. Great work.

Advertisement