Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour Change C&C

• 22-04-2009 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hello everyone. Just wanna know what you think of these pic. I changed them using Lightroom. Cheers

3463623271_9f800990a5.jpg

3463619001_bf6ebc9848.jpg

3464429952_e65b3ec178.jpg

3464422678_6842e7624a.jpg

3464418838_b5575e0ed0.jpg

3464410864_2977d356f1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

very different indeed. I like them alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Just wanna know what you think of these pic. I changed them using Lightroom. Cheers

I have always liked the concept!
    And although it has been over commercialized in greeting cards.
    (It's usually a red rose on a b&w background)
    Your photos are more interesting than that.
    Is it possible to boost the colors on a couple of the photos to make them "pop out" a bit more??
    Or is that something you were purposely trying to avoid?
    Either way.. well done!

- Where did you get to ride elephants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I really like the paint bucket one, I would like to see 1 and 3 inversed, I reckon they might be a little more vibrant that way but thats prob just me.

I do like the concept and do a fair bit of it business wise, a lot of clients ask for a similar effect. I also like a bit of desaturation in stages too, where a shot is desaturated and then one particular colour tone is enhanced or even dropped further, gives a slightly different aspect on the idea of miessing with the colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Thanks for the comments. The elephant pic was taken in Chang Mai, Thailand.

When I get home il have a mess around with them using both of your suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

very nice - I like yer man standing on his head! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

berry nice.quite unusual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

The one with the buttercups must have taken you ages to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I've looked at these a few times to give me ample time to form an opinion (and its only an opinion - not gospel obviously). I'm uncomfortable with the images as a set but think individually some work well. Technically they represent a good grasp of the skill to provide a selective b/w.

The last image I feel is probably the best of the set. I like the colour parts of it muted with the black and white in the background. I think they work better where the background is b/w but perhaps that's a trap that people fall into conforming to the norm.

Composition wise, I feel your attempts are overly central in their focus and wonder if there would have been more interesting positioning of the subject / drawing of the eye / angles of shooting with some of the attempts. The second one is quite nice but suffers (in my opinion) from being too central in the frame.

For my take, selective colouring or b/w's should be selective in their distribution - to me, one in a while is more than enough. As mentioned, as a set they would leave me uncomfortable to be presented as such, but having said that I think if you had just posted the last one on its own i'd probably be raving about it because I do think its very very good.

I appear to be on my own on the above but its always useful to have a descenting voice in the crowd ;)

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

refreshing pics. They could inspire others to be brave with experimentation.

Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Thanks again to everyone for the comments.

Thats good advice AnCatDubh. Cheers

4 more if anyones interested

3466219281_1db07dffea.jpg

3467039934_419050a204.jpg

3466221289_5f62e5b00f.jpg

3466218327_ef8b682510.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement