Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare in June

• 22-04-2009 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Anything good in Clare from 19 to 26th of June? Heading there with teenagers from Dublin. We love Clare and have done all the tourist stuff. Any good bands or festivals going on then?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's always a good buzz around Doolin and Lahinch for teenagers, Glor might have something on as well, I think Cois Fharraige is on a bit later than June each year, there's an event in Gort as well, don't know when that is on, I'll check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I don't think you will get any festivals that early. Usually not untill kids are off school. The fleadh in Ennis is in May allright. Where are you staying?
    There is racing in Limerick on the Friday evening that you arrive but that mightn't suit.
    You could also have Tipp v Clare in a Munster hurling semi final on the Sunday in Limerick but that depends on other results at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

if you headed down on the june bank holiday weekend the doonbeg jazz music feistival is on. Always a good crowd. down the road is kilkee and the beachs in area are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Im staying in Liscannor. Any good markets or fairs on the 20th? Hope the weather keeps up:).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I hope the weather holds up for you, lovely part of the world if it does.

Clare are playing Tipp on the Sunday, should be a good buzz in the pubs watching it, if you have kids you might want to buy them headphones to block out some of the choice language that no doubt will be handed out in biblical proportions are we get destroyed. The Lions match is on the day before.

My missus is going away that weekend so I'm planning a bit of a session for myself that weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

oh sorry. wrong date.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭seekers

The Clare Fleadh ceol was on that weekend in Kilfenora, great fine weather and music there out on the street

Advertisement