Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International NUIG student accomodation

Options
  • 22-04-2009 6:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've just been accepted to go on an exchange to NUI Galway for a semester starting in the fall. I'm currently in my second year at the University of Ottawa in Canada. I can't seem to find any sites other than those of the university residence buildings that give information about student housing in Galway. Ideally, I'd like to go into a large house with several other undergraduate students, from Ireland or abroad, it doesn't matter. I'm looking for a lease from September 2009 through December 2009. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much!
    :) Steph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should use www.daft.ie or http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/classifiedlistresults/Accommodation+%26amp%3B+Property/Accommodation+to+let/City+Centre/0 to find a place.
    Anywhere in the city centre would be walking distance to NUIG.
    It's very common to share a flat with a number of other people. make sure you visit and get the feel for the place before committing, at the moment there are so many rooms you can afford to be choosy.
    I'll put this in the NUIG forum, lots of students there that can advice you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mellowinmycello

How'd you get on with your accommodation? I only need accommodation for one semester from sept to december of this year coming..finding it hard to find a place that'll take me for only one semester! do you mind me asking, where did you end up? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smilligan

I ended up taking a spot in Corrib Village. I got there and the place was disgusting, full of mould and spiders and there was no way I was living there for 4 months. So I got in touch with the accomodations office on campus, and they told me that Dunaras had some open rooms and took students for 1 semester. My friend and I ended up living there in an amazing apartment, and partied the whole semester with all our friends in Corrib. They got used to Corrib and it's a great way to make friends because most of the international students are there. Things ended up working out really well for me and I miss it so much, hope it works out for you too!

Advertisement