Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Power

Options
  • 22-04-2009 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    I'm looking for a battery powered device that can be used to power or charge a USB device (sat nav) whilst out. Does one exist and where can i get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

bedlam wrote: »

Isn't that mains operated? I'm looking for something that can be used outdoor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Theres a little battery pack for the Nitendo DS Lite, with a USB connector hanging off it. Might do the trick, check specs and voltages first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Try to find one of those phone portable chargers that take AA batteries so that you can use rechargeable ones. One that suits a Blackberry Pearl should work as it too has mini-usb connector. Only problem that you might find is that it may switch the sat nav into PC mode, so you may not be able to use it while it's charging. That happens when I use my Blackberry Charger to charge my Garmin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sorry for being a bit late to the party, but I have myself a USB charged battery pack that then supplies power from another USB port from www.proporta.com

Something similar to this is what I have, but they have changed the range a bit since I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

robinph wrote: »
    Sorry for being a bit late to the party, but I have myself a USB charged battery pack that then supplies power from another USB port from www.proporta.com

Something similar to this is what I have, but they have changed the range a bit since I got mine.
    That looks like a very handy item to have. will have to get one of those. Good price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Gurgle wrote: »
    Theres a little battery pack for the Nitendo DS Lite, with a USB connector hanging off it. Might do the trick, check specs and voltages first though.

Thats not a USB connector on the DS lite but very similar to one. They take 4 AAA batteries

Advertisement