Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Tower / 1408?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

I read Stephen King's Dark Tower series last year and loved it - even the ending! I got Everything's Eventual this week because of its Tower connections and its pretty good so far. The thing is, I just read the story "1408", and then looked at the Wikipedia entry for it. The wiki claims 1408 links to Dark Tower 2 by way of what Mike hears when he picks up the phone. Am I missing something here? I looked through DT2 and cant see where the phone voice (or anything from 1408) ties in. Is the wiki page wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm bumping this, as i'm reading the 2nd Dark Tower at the moment and am intrigued by this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭sxt

Antilles wrote: »
    I read Stephen King's Dark Tower series last year and loved it - even the ending! I got Everything's Eventual this week because of its Tower connections and its pretty good so far. The thing is, I just read the story "1408", and then looked at the Wikipedia entry for it. The wiki claims 1408 links to Dark Tower 2 by way of what Mike hears when he picks up the phone. Am I missing something here? I looked through DT2 and cant see where the phone voice (or anything from 1408) ties in. Is the wiki page wrong?

I think its in Dark tower VII, not dark tower II where the reference is according to this source
    A character receives a similar "phonecall" to the one in "1408"

You can read Fan submitted connections to the dark tower series here. Thread carefully, spoilers galore if you have not finished the series.

http://www.stephenking.com/darktower/submitted_connections.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Just started on the second in the series "The Drawing of The Three" and cant wait to finish the rest...... half way through "The Stand" as well which is an epic so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I have just finished 'The Drawing of the Three' and it is an amazing book. I'm trying to stop myself racing straight into book 3, I want to drag them out as long as possible! I didn't care that much for the forst book while reading it, and I'm so glad now that I stuck with them. I think the first book isn't supposed to make sense until you read the later books.

Advertisement