Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

block shed for garden

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

are there any irish websites where you can put up details of a job you need (in my case, i need a block shed built) and tradesmen tender for the work online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Hi There is a website called trademen.ie where u give details of job u want done when u want it done and around how much your are willing to pay u then get 3/4 different tradesmen contacting you back with a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

thanks. I found bidjob.ie, but i think i'll give tradesmen.ie a shot aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

i was planning on just having a bare block shed, and painting the outside,
    but a friend told me that moisture can seep inside through the blocks if i don''t get it plastered on the outside...
    is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

moisture can seep up thru blocks by caplliary action ,if theres not a thick black sheet placed ontop of foundation ,be4 any blocks are laid.thats basic building 101.I THINk the blocks can be painted with transparent waterproof sealant.depends on your budget, outside plastering,acts as a waterproof seal and a layer of insuation, and it looks nicer.DRIVE round and you, ll see loads of blockwork sheds,with no plaster whatsover on them.IF shed was large you might need to plaster it to get planning permission.you can simpy put down a concrete foundation a few inchs deep with a dpc sheet ontop,to protect against rising moisture.go to ibrary ,get a book,how to build an extension,that ,ll have all the basic building info.

Advertisement