Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low-cost spaying and neutering

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Apparently the Irish Blue Cross are no longer funding this for welfare/low income owners. Does anybody know of any other scheme where people can avail of help with expenses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Dragona - is this for yourself - if you drop me a PM I may have an option for you if you are in the Dublin area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

The Dogs trust has a scheme for those on means tested social welfare - it's €20 per dog for spaying/neutering. Ring your vet and ask about it. The scheme is being scaled back a little AFAIK so move quickly if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

While we're on this subject, what is the average price to spay a cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

PCros wrote: »
    While we're on this subject, what is the average price to spay a cat?

It comes down to where you go to get it done I know some vets who will charge anything up to €120.00 to spay a female cat

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

dragona wrote: »
    Apparently the Irish Blue Cross are no longer funding this for welfare/low income owners. Does anybody know of any other scheme where people can avail of help with expenses?

alot of the local SPCA's give vouchers for money of spaying and neutering, we got a voucher for a 40euro spaying but it does have to be done with a paticular vet.

PCros.... it's generally around 70euros to spay a female cat around here, think it's slightly less for a male... will get back to you next week when i book my 2 boys in to be done ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, seems to be dearer in Dublin as usual.

I'll be getting my female cat spayed at the Lissenhall vets in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

PCros wrote: »
    Thanks guys, seems to be dearer in Dublin as usual.

I'll be getting my female cat spayed at the Lissenhall vets in Swords.

Good choice. I go to Gary in there all the time and he's very good. He even did some acupuncture sessions on my cat to ease his back pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

The Dogs trust has a scheme for those on means tested social welfare - it's €20 per dog for spaying/neutering. Ring your vet and ask about it. The scheme is being scaled back a little AFAIK so move quickly if you can.

Yep thanks - scaled back is the operative word - NO more vouchers available, apparently:eek:

waraf wrote: »
    Good choice. I go to Gary in there all the time and he's very good. He even did some acupuncture sessions on my cat to ease his back pain :D

How much did he charge to spay your cat?

Advertisement