Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range @ ballyhoura co limerick

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi lads is this range up and running and what calibre are you able to shoot at it, rifle??pistol?? , any info would be a help also contact info. Thanks Tac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

any more info on this range???? i didnt know there was a range in limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

google is your friend - http://www.brpr.ie/

Mind you turn your volume down as there are sound effects a-plenty:rolleyes:

http://www.brpr.ie/ well what do ya know there is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

any more info on this range???? i didnt know there was a range in limerick...

Nice one Fat Tony all that i needed, thanks Tac

i really have no excuse to get into shooting now......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

is theat built alongside a quarry ? if its the range im thinkin of then tin only real use for it it pistol and maybe .22 rifle because its tiny, only bout 50 yards in total, again thats if its the range im thinkin of !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Hi guys ,
    I’m a member there and also responsible for that website (whoops I reloaded a file and must have increased the sound .. will resolve that this eve) also a lot of new pics and information to go up .

Mostly pistols as its a 50mtr range but with a couple of rifle stations ,but with plans to expand in the near future.

There has been a lot of work on this range over the last few months and have to say that member involvement is quite high and have to say as I was new to shooting , the guys there are very willing to help in anyway .

If you want to pop out and see the place please do , either contact us via the site , give Dave a ring (operator) his number is on the site , or send me a PM .

Thanks
    Darr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

How close is it to the Mtn bike single tracks? Great chance to combine my hobbies :)

Darr im a complete newbie looking to get into shooting...im assuming they wouldnt mind someone whos interested in taking up the sport coming down just for a look and to get some info on getting into the sport?

I believe its quite close but could be completely wrong, kilfinane is about 2 miles away and I know the bike rental place is there ..

as for combining the hobbies, its all within the same area anyways.

Drifter , if you send an email to brprireland@gmail.com we can arrange something Im sure .

Just to add that the club will be expanding in the next 6 months with a 150mtr - 200mtr rifle range , which is good as i shoot rifle ( though 50mtrs is a challange for me with my .22 :) )

Thanks
    Darr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Darr wrote: »
    Hi guys ,
    I’m a member there and also responsible for that website (whoops I reloaded a file and must have increased the sound .. will resolve that this eve) also a lot of new pics and information to go up .

Mostly pistols as its a 50mtr range but with a couple of rifle stations ,but with plans to expand in the near future.

There has been a lot of work on this range over the last few months and have to say that member involvement is quite high and have to say as I was new to shooting , the guys there are very willing to help in anyway .

If you want to pop out and see the place please do , either contact us via the site , give Dave a ring (operator) his number is on the site , or send me a PM .

Thanks
    Darr

Hi Darr
    I had a quick look at the website and I find it difficult to read because of the text colour and background colour. You might think about changing one of them. Just what I see and other than that it's a good site.

All the best with the new range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

Does anyone know how much membership is for this range? I am currently a member of another Range and all in inc. Insurance comes to 350. Myself and the missus has taken some serious paycuts, and I am finding it difficult to justify the outlay as I only use it about once a month.
    Also a suggestion: Would ranges consider a pay as you go system?

Clivej ,I may have a look at adjusting the text in the next few days , depending on work , the wife , the cat and mother in law all not needing somthing else done :) .

Dbar , If you send a mail to brprireland@gmail.com I can pass it on to Dave as I'm not involved in the finances in anyway but perhaps he may be open to various options .

Thanks
    Darr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

dbar wrote: »
    Also a suggestion: Would ranges consider a pay as you go system?
    According to the Draft Firearms (Authorisation of Rifle & Pistol Clubs) Regulations 2009 attached below (as 'lifted' from the SSAI Downloads page) (page 4, my highlighting in bold):
    I, Dermot Ahern T.D., Minister for Justice, Equality & Law Reform, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by sections 4A and 4 B (as inserted by sections 33 and 34 of the Criminal Justice Act 2006 respectively )) of the Firearms Act 1925 (No. 17 of 1925), hereby make the following regulations:

4. In the case of a club, the following minimum standards apply

(ii) Membership of the Club:
    The authorized officer shall ensure that:

(g)The club does not run a day or temporary membership scheme.
    Under this latest draft, clubs are specifically prohibited from operating a pay-as-you-go scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

But you can bring down new members as guests, show them round, let them see if it's for them, and then go through a beginners course or a formal probationary membership and so forth. At least that's the Garda FPU's take on it.

The pay-as-you-go thing... well... you can't do straight pay-as-you-go, but if you had an annual membership payment plan that was done in installments I don't think they'd object (we're in a recession after all) so long as it was a direct debit or something of that nature - you'd have to have a signed contractual type of thing I'd guess (this is speculation, you understand). You might also have a payment model that catered to less regular users - something along the lines of an annual membership fee that covered insurance and some basic stuff (but which was still less than the regular annual fee), and then a per-day range use fee. That's not the same thing as the day's membership because you're a member all year round. The club's still taking on a lot of responsibility giving out that membership under the new SIs though, so it's not some quick loophole type of thing, it's just a way of matching fees to pockets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I am also a member of ballyhoura,dave has done loads of work there and the place is really looking very professional indeed.
    we are all feeling the pinch at the moment and for me its almost an hours drive to the range which means i cover 60 miles each time i go.
    with a big 2l car it aint cheap either but i will persist.
    membership runs from febuary each year,that way its easier to keep track of the finances with everyone paying at the same time.
    talk to dave and see what he can do in relation to monthly payments etc.
    not sure if the new legislation requires a member to be fully payed up or not.

also check out sparks new thread dedicated to the new misc bill.

Advertisement