Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you improve this forum?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Right,quite a few forums are running similar threads to this so I've decided to follow suit. Before we get it started take note that recommending discussion of illegal activities (backups/ripping etc) is not welcome. These things will never ever ever.......ever be discussed on this site....so don't waste our time by asking about it. Your help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Personally i think a sticky with information on each console(currently modified) would be great. (I dont know how that reads to other people but i mean one thread between all of them, with each console getting a seperate post)

Maybe like the following:

Xbox (Original)

Information
    What version is my xbox?

Modifications
    How to softmod an xbox for free

Guides
    How to put quieter fans in the xbox

Applications & Homebrew
    XBMC - Media Centre (download)

It would probably be a nightmare for you to update though kinetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Maybe more guides / tutorials? I can prepare one or two myself, did few things with my consoles. People can learn on my mistakes then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've cut down on the amount of stickies. The XBMC has now been to linked to from the useful links thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

As someone who is intrested, but completley useless at this sort of thing, i reckon some Tutorials/Guides would be brilliant.

Also, threads like "What can i do with my Xbox?" or "Can i mod my PS3?" with info for newbs on what they (we) can do with whatever console we own. Would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think there's a lot more scope to console modding than just XBMC etc. Hardware mods, Wii head-tracking, custom cases, laptop mods etc are all pretty interesting. I don't know if anyone on here is actively involved in any of that kind of thing, but tutorials etc would be really interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement