Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby

• 22-04-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Right then.

Is there any one out there who would like to get involved with Tag Rugby in Waterford for this season..??

Wanted to do it last year but missed out on the sign up time. So anyone interested shout now...

Nice one.
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 drakiel

Hi
    I definitely would be interested. And also have a friend who may be too

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

drakiel wrote: »
    Hi
    I definitely would be interested. And also have a friend who may be too

Thats great.

We will see if a few others would like to give it a go and then have a meet up some where to sort out stuff..

For others who would like to find out a bit more about it....

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hey There,

I might be intherested too. Always looking for a way to stop being such a lazy Mess. when you get any info PM me or post here k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Count me in too! I'm sure there's a fair number of people interested in getting a group together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

We have a team more or less ready but might be short people if you want me to find out if ye can join in.

• Advertisement

It's all the same to me now,

How you set for numbers garp?

Only thing is now is now Kensutz I can't speak for the other lads but I'm prob the most unfit person you'll ever meet.

ziedth wrote: »
    It's all the same to me now,

How you set for numbers garp?

Only thing is now is now Kensutz I can't speak for the other lads but I'm prob the most unfit person you'll ever meet.

Still looking for folk. Need about 13-15 for a full team (7 playing at a time)
    So far going by the posts ere we are 4.......ish.....

come on folks..

Well then it might be an Idea to take Kensutz up if he needs few more players and myself to make everyone else look fast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

kensutz wrote: »
    We have a team more or less ready but might be short people if you want me to find out if ye can join in.

If you're short a few numbers I'm up for it!

Looks like our team is full already. Sorry lads.

• Advertisement

Ah don't worry about it Man,

back to you then Garp. I'll ask around on my end tonight and let you know what kind of numbers your talking on my end k?

Does anyone else who's interested think they can get a few mates involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Don't you have to have a certain amount of females on your team?

I'll send an email to Prima Models to see if any of them are available ;)

gscully wrote: »
    Don't you have to have a certain amount of females on your team?

I'll send an email to Prima Models to see if any of them are available ;)

My understanding is teams can be either Mixed or Not. Still I like your thinking!

"Right everyone hit the showers"

The teams need to have 3 females on the pitch during the game

Well I am female and so is my mate if she confirms that she is up for it

kensutz wrote: »
    The teams need to have 3 females on the pitch during the game

I see, From reading the rules it seems females score more points, Anyone know any internationals?

I could ask Mrs. Ziedth and I have a couple of other options. I'll post up in there morning if I get a quick head count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

drakiel wrote: »
    Well I am female and so is my mate if she confirms that she is up for it

If she doesn't confirm, what is she then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

How serious is tag rugby? is it compulsive have to attend training sessions / how often are the matches etc

I was always under the impression it was a great sport for unft people and people that couldnt commit time to a sport and it was ok if ya just turned up when you could for a game.... nothing too serious like a 5 a side with the lads once or twice a week... but from what I'm hearing its taken very serious

I'd deffo be interested and have mates that are too but I dont theink i could commit to playing matches every sat ... is that a problem?

Typhoon. wrote: »
    I'd deffo be interested and have mates that are too but I dont theink i could commit to playing matches every sat ... is that a problem?

I'm sure that Wouldn't be a problem, As long as we had even 12-15 turn out every week out of a squad of 17-20 We'd be doing ok.

Might I Suggest that anyone still interest see can they get a friend or two that might be interested.

drakiel I'm sure we'd love for you and your friend to join.

Garp when do we need to have numbers organised for?

Hi
    myself & 2 friends all female are up for the tag rugby. Just wondering when is the season starting. I saw a team out practicing in the park yesterday so am presuming it is soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

in a about 2 weeks. i think its on every Thursday.
    how serious is tag?
    well it depends. if you want a laugh and a bit of crack(in the pub after the game) no problem. If you want to practice 3 nights a week and want to win the league then no problem. They league has 4 divisions so don’t worry about playing good teams. all new teams start in the beginners division, while the l33t play in the top division.

its not compulsive to attend but registration fee (per team only) is €495.00, so it would be silly not too!!! + you need the shorts €20.00. Then you need t-shirts(matching). so a team of 14, fee €35, shorts €20, then maybe t-shirts €10. thats about 65 euro... so are you going to start missing games?

this will be my first year in the league but from what i hear its ment to be good crack and i cant wait!!!

There is a 'Try Tag For Free' day tomorrow (15th) in Waterpark Rugby Club at 7oC.
    You dont need a team just turn up if you fancy giving it a go.

Advertisement