Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question: Return Broadband in a "box"

• 22-04-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm thinking of cancelling my Irish Broadband (wireless "broadband in a box"), as the speed is just tooooooooooo slow and the cables that I need to plug into a power supply are just so much hassle.

Now, I checked their cancellation policy and they state that you should return the modem in the original box.
    However, I don't have the original box anylonger as I bought the thing about 2 years ago.

Do you think it really matters in what type of box you sent it back, as long as you do it?

Let me know if anyone had the same experience and how IBB reacted.

Thanks so much.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

I doubt the box really matters all that much tbh. I did return it also but i had the box. However my OH and I have both had seperate dealings with Irish Broadband and they were very polite and helpful and a pleasure to deal with. When I returned mine they sent a courier to me to collect it. Package up all the bits and give it to the courier, i doubt you'l hear from them again. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kitticatie

Thanks so much. That does ease my mind. I'll just give them a bell and ask them what they want. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭godskitchen

kitticatie wrote: »
    the cables that I need to plug into a power supply are just so much hassle.

Yep the people starving in Africa count themselves lucky to not have that kind of hassle.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's Ripwave?

Should be forbidden to call it Broadband in a Box. Consumer Protection. Originally designed as a wireless replacement for ISDN. It's a Midband & high latency product. Not Broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kitticatie

That explains why it can be so difficult to get a good reception sometimes. It really isn't very userfriendly. Thanks for all your input. Any idea's which wireless broadband would be good, i.e. 3G, Meteor or Vodafone have the Plug and Play ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

kitticatie wrote: »
    That explains why it can be so difficult to get a good reception sometimes. It really isn't very userfriendly. Thanks for all your input. Any idea's which wireless broadband would be good, i.e. 3G, Meteor or Vodafone have the Plug and Play ones?

Those are midband, too, not broadband.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The "good" Wireless "actually" broadband have to be installed / use fixed outdoor aerial/radio. It's nearly impossible to do real broadband with Ripwave, Clearwire or Mobile Phone company gear, no matter how much technology advances. The problem is the aerial (lack of) and indoors.

Advertisement