Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband speed

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had consistent problems with BT's download speed. I have consistently found that it is normal -300+kB/sec)-in the morning but from midday onwards it can drop to 30kB/sec which appears to be a congestion issue.

I've been on to BT about this for years and each time they say there's a line fault and eventually send out Eircom engineer who has no knowledge of broadband/internet who states there is an 'internal fault', which is not the case because the 'internal fault' does not affect download speeds in the morning!

I have complained via the usual channels to no avail - does anyone have any knowledge/ experienc of how to get problems effectively resolved with BT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Yorky wrote: »
    Has anyone had consistent problems with BT's download speed. I have consistently found that it is normal -300+kB/sec)-in the morning but from midday onwards it can drop to 30kB/sec which appears to be a congestion issue.

I've been on to BT about this for years and each time they say there's a line fault and eventually send out Eircom engineer who has no knowledge of broadband/internet who states there is an 'internal fault', which is not the case because the 'internal fault' does not affect download speeds in the morning!

I have complained via the usual channels to no avail - does anyone have any knowledge/ experienc of how to get problems effectively resolved with BT?
    Get an electrician to check out the wiring in your house, might be an issue there. Contention does slow down your BB but 30KB/s seems awfully low.

Advertisement