Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Fisheries

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Was at maynooth fisheries last night, was talking to a guy there and got to walk around the lakes. I was very impressed to say the least! hope to fish for carp there asap! however, i have never fished for carp before :o, mainly bream in the summer, and pike in the winter. Most of my pike gear will be fine, as it is carp gear, just need to get an unhooking mat.

Anyway, has anybody fished there before? if so, what tactics seemed to work best, and any idea what swims to fish? I liked the swim where the water enters the lake, also the swim near the smallest lake, it seems to be deeper there. All mt carp knowledge comes from watching matt hayes on tv!! I was thinking of just using pva bags.

Thanks,
    Frank :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

man your crazy, if you have never fished for carp before maynooth will be a really hard for you, it rarely fishes well tbh.

but if you do get a fish you have a chance of a fish of a lifetime.

i have seen a few fish out of it and they are all minters. also, i think the day sessions are a waste of time there. most people do 3-4 days and nights in a row, and are happy with 1 or 2 fish from it.

if you need specific help, send me a pm.

if you need any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 craig fox

shblob do you no if the fisheries dos over nights and if i could get to it by train ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

craig fox wrote: »
    shblob do you no if the fisheries dos over nights and if i could get to it by train ??.
    They do overnights if u got to know them well my mate does it a lot spent 2 t3 days fishing and blanked and other days I go with him and blank aswell but we've had more good days than bad with fish up to 20 lbs which are very common to catch there also there are some stray trout in it with decent sizes bein pulled out bring rods for baitin on bottom with pop up boilies workin for us and while ur waitin on ur alarms to go off bring a rod for float fishing and u may be very lucky in the weeds witha cracker
    Best of luck

Advertisement