Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to clongriffin

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

heh people me and my OH are moving to clongriffin by the end of the week.

what can you tell me bout the place? any good pubs near by? how handy is it ot get to town? is there many bus services? i know the dart will be there by this year some time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You'd have more luck in the Dublin City forum as its not Co Dublin.

From what i remember from a mate living there, the bus service is pretty good and there's a new winebar after opening if you fancy a quiet drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

It seems like a nice place. Well it's still being built really, but I go by it on the Dart every day. It could be a while before the station is going to be finished. It was supposed to open in early 2008 and they didn't even start building it until the end of 2008. The 32 goes through Baldoyle to town anyway, and the 102 also goes through Baldoyle from Sutton Station to Malahide, then Swords, then the airport. Not sure how long it'd take you to walk down to Baldoyle church though (where you can get the 102). The 32B goes in and around some of the estates though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

would you not hace checked it out a bit before hand, its still a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

mollybird wrote: »
    heh people me and my OH are moving to clongriffin by the end of the week.

what can you tell me bout the place? any good pubs near by? how handy is it ot get to town? is there many bus services? i know the dart will be there by this year some time.

No offence, but shouldn't you have checked this out BEFORE agreeing to move there?

I like the sound of this place, the first half of it (clon) starts the same as the place I'm living in now, and the second half of it is my surname (griffin)!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Pubs? They're a bit of a walk.

Shops? Again, bit of a walk.

Dart? Hah! Bit of a walk. It'll be completed in the next few years.

There's one bus from Clongriffin - the 128 (I think). It runs every half an hour or so. Clongriffin is oddly isolated even though it's close to everything. Everytime I'm there it seems like a ghost town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Confab wrote: »

There's one bus from Clongriffin - the 128 (I think). It runs every half an hour or so. Clongriffin is oddly isolated even though it's close to everything. Everytime I'm there it seems like a ghost town.

The bus doesn't run every half hour, Mon - Friday 10 min peak 15 off peak, it's not a bad place, living there 3 years Dart station 3 min walk from my place due to be finished by October but won't be operating until new year due to test runs etc... Shops 3 minute walk

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dublin13

Pub - nearest one is 10 mins walk away. Donaghmede Inn or even half hour walk to Raheny to the pubs there.
    Shops - i'm living in clongriffin 3 years now - nearest shop is 2 mns walk away - which is centra - pharmacy 1 mins walk away, off licence 1 min walk away, chinese 2 mins walk away.

Re Dart: Its being built at present, due to be fully up and running as a station in Jan 2009. Alotttt of work has been done to it.

Transport - 128 Bus.. Its every 10 mins peak time - and 15 mins off peak time, last bus from town you can usualy catch about 11.20pm around suffolk st. etc.

I'm assuming your already in the estate now a couple of months, and notice also that the Fr. Collins park has been opened, it again its a great asset to the community. Overall i love the estate, its got a nice young vibrant lot of residence and the estate is very high on the community front, with a football team/mothers and baby days/Residence association etc.

Hope your enjoying living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dublin13

Obviously you've not been for many a year!! Love to see you come into the estate of a sunny sunday afternoon..... Teaming with ppl it is!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

theres also the trinity sports and leisure club which is on the doorstep of clongriifin. my dad drinks there and its much better than the donaghmede bin. sometimes the bands are good too. about €2 in. The 128 bus is right there too and the new park is fantastic. its a good area. lived in donaghmede my whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Hi,

I am from Clongriffin and the residents there have their own online forum where you can find out lots about the area:

www.clongriffinresidents.com

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement