Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reality TV Show of the Week #1: Come Dine With Me

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:27am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone loves Come Dine With Me as much as I do?

The format used to be over the five nights of the week with 5 contestants, now it seems that they do it in an hour long show with 4 contestants. There was also a few where it was done over one night and each served a course (Christmas episode I think). I caught a fab repeat at the weekend, this one:

http://www.channel4.com/food/on-tv/come-dine-with-me/series-6/birmingham/index.html

Claudine was obnoxiously rude, Katie was verging on having tourettes with some of the stuff she came out with, and Mike, well Mike warmed the cheese for the starter by putting it in his shorts pocket and walking around with it. Then he told them at dinner. Kishor was the only non-mentaler.

There used to always be a gay person and a vegetarian but it's less and less now, however there is still always at least one that's bat**** crazy.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a great show, Das Kitty. Apart from the whacky contestants, I think Dave Lamb's narration really makes it a very funny show. I had tons of them saved on Sky+ and ended up having to delete them (they really take up alot of space if you don't keep on top of them!).

I'm going to make this Reality TV Show of the Week #1 (like my TV Show of the Week thread on the Television forum). I know this show was discussed before, and it had alot of fans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

This programme is brilliant! Many a sunday afternoon can be passed with the repeats and I think newer repeats are shown on Saturdays now, for anyone who can't watch it during the week.

The best bit is the narration, and the fact that anyone that behaves like an @rse really show themselves up. If I were some of those contestants, I'd be seriously embarrassed about my behaviour!

I think it's less about the food now though, it seems to be more about the "ambience" of the evening, and how good a host people are.

Does anyone know if there are anymore Celebrity versions coming down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I love this show - not for the cooking aspect of it but for the banter and rudeness between the guests. I don't know anybody who has been to dinner and told the hostess "where he/she went wrong with the food". Excellent......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It's a great show to duck in and out of; you don't need to see the previous shows of the week to follow the action. And like already said, Dave Lamb's narration is what makes the show - brilliant. He is not related to Larry & George Lamb btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Brilliant show!!

Between the vertically challenged nudie painter taking a shine to one of the other (rather tall) female contestants, another chap making one of the girls cry and the abysmal cooking. Its just wonderful!

Oh oh and the mad irish scientist who couldnt cook to save her life (couldnt remember if she put salt or sugar in her tart) who fell asleep at the table and took a shine to all the boys....
    And the rather outgoing lady of a certain age with a penchant for feather boas who confided her whole life story about meeting her second husband on a train or something and having to leave her family.

Loads of great episodes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

It is a guilty pleasure, I'll admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I think it's a great show. Love watching it. Is the hour long episode on a Sunday night just a summary of what happened during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

I thought I was the only person loving that show... my friends and boyf all think its a bad show... its my guilty pleasure/ hangover tv, along with grand designs... whats wrong with me I'm only 24?!!!

Would recommend ntl digital- if youre not around on a Sunday evening, 5 episodes recorded off more 4 for a come dine with me marathon the next day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

The funniest was the big fat one who fell asleep on the couch before the dessert cos she was too full and pissed.

That was hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

I thought I was the only person loving that show... my friends and boyf all think its a bad show... its my guilty pleasure/ hangover tv, along with grand designs... whats wrong with me I'm only 24?!!!

I'm twent-five, I love it too!Thought I was the only young person who watched it, I feel better now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Would recommend ntl digital- if youre not around on a Sunday evening, 5 episodes recorded off more 4 for a come dine with me marathon the next day!!

Totally agree with you,didn't realise any one else liked it, it is great hangover tv.
    Love it
    The characters can be so off the wall sometimes:eek:

Advertisement