Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd Match

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

Man u play portsmouth tonight and all the big guns are rumoured to be playing...we've got them on saturday, so here's hoping for a rake of injuries/suspensions/tiredness!

Any thoughts? over in the soccer forum they reckon there's a full team gonna be played...any thoughts? i somehow doubt it- surely Fergie sees Spurs as a bigger challenge than portsmouth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

froosh69 wrote: »
    Man u play portsmouth tonight and all the big guns are rumoured to be playing...we've got them on saturday, so here's hoping for a rake of injuries/suspensions/tiredness!

Any thoughts? over in the soccer forum they reckon there's a full team gonna be played...any thoughts? i somehow doubt it- surely Fergie sees Spurs as a bigger challenge than portsmouth?

United have 3 home games in a week but I think we can provide the biggest upset if leds playing with woody at the back and defo comes into the team I think we can take some points of them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Fergie is a cute fellow as we know.

After Liverpool's result last nite he can relax a little and not put out his full team tonite.

However on Saturday he will not want to lose to us

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

well, correct me if im wrong, but we're the only team in teh league that havnt lost to a big four team yet, with Man united and Liverpool still to play...I dont think Fergie will be relaxing at all- the FA Cup semi final was probably the last game where the big guns will get a rest...from here on in its champo leaugue and Premiership- he needs to win them all.

I think this is good news for us because the players will only have 2 days to rest between Portsmouth and us, and were on pretty good form, united arent.

To be honest, this is probably the best time all season to have to play United!

Just my 2c!

+1 defo
    Hopefully we can continue our great form I'm very excited about the next few seasons now and where the club is going started with woody's winner against hull we need to push on against united and everton and see about taking 6 points to upset the league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Does anyone know why KING didn't play against Newcastle,i didn't hear anything about any new injury so i'm wondering if Harry was just saving him for the United game, if he was then i think it was a good move to have him fresh for saturday..

• Advertisement

He took a knock in the west ham game and he's knee swelled up really bad

I didnt see Man U vs. Portsmouth, but I heard that Pompey were unlucky not to come away with anything...United were a little shakey....Good news for us then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

please god berba is playing on sat as woody and king will tuck him away in their pockets.

32.5 million for a moody cantona wannbee HAPPY DAYS no wonder if the banks called in all debts we would prob be the only club left !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    please god berba is playing on sat as woody and king will tuck him away in their pockets.

32.5 million for a moody cantona wannbee HAPPY DAYS no wonder if the banks called in all debts we would prob be the only club left !!

I did Jump around with Glee when I heard all the Man U fans where turning on him. Wánker!!!

If the Manure faithful boo Berbs it will give me the greatest pleasure to join in with them.:D

• Advertisement

Meathfan wrote: »
    If the Manure faithful boo Berbs it will give me the greatest pleasure to join in with them.:D

did he play yesterday? if not, he'l probably start on saturday

I would love it LOVE IT IF HE PLAYED CRAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

froosh69 wrote: »
    did he play yesterday? if not, he'l probably start on saturday

he didnt start. seen a pic of him in the paper looking unusually moody! ha ha and to make matters worse he didnt even get a run

Has Levy pulled a fast one on Fergie:D

Gary Nevelle is out, and so is O Shea.not the biggest of losses for utd i suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I actually hop that Berbastrop is not playing tomorrow. Just our luck that he'll score the winner against us. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Holy shít, we're 2-0 up. Wonder can we hold on. Let's hope they don't get an early 2nd half goal..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

OH BOLLOCKS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

BOLT wrote: »
    OH BOLLOCKS!
    Here endeth the lesson.

BOLT wrote: »
    OH BOLLOCKS!
    I'm a bit embarrassed now, glad I didn't go to the pub to watch it.:o

But we were robbed by the referee for that penalty which set the ball rolling for them. :mad:

Hopefully the players learn something from this game.

• Advertisement

i feel sick

****T..what a disaster in the end today.we had no answer to Rooney in the 2nd half Corluka was torn apart, he must have been glad to hear the final whistel,the poxy penalty started it all off..:o

This post is really funny in retrospect
    el diablo wrote: »
    Holy shít, we're 2-0 up. Wonder can we hold on. Let's hope they don't get an early 2nd half goal..;)

29' [0 - 1] D. Bent

32' [0 - 2] L. Modric

57' [1 - 2] C. Ronaldo (pen.) H. Gomes

67' [2 - 2] W. Rooney

68' [3 - 2] C. Ronaldo

71' [4 - 2] W. Rooney

79' [5 - 2] D. Berbatov

What happened between 67' and 71'?
    The penalty desicion was a shocker, but they didn't score till ten minutes after that. I'd say it was the second goal that opened the floodgates....Gomes shoulda dun betta!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Dude i wouldnt worry about it. Utd knew liverpool has won and went all ****in out to win today. Just be glad we are staying up :)

What a inevitable feeling :( Two nil up again....why can't we just lose one or two nil instead of toying with our emotions? I live with a united fan who's on cloud nine. This hurts....

I was never really confident that we could hold on. I've bad memories of that day back in October 2001 against ManUre.(3-5) :eek:

It certainly was a game of two halves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

if we wanna break top 4 thats what we have to step up 2. we were all over them 1st half. cant blame the peno for what happened. they kicked on a gear and tore us apart. strikers and midfielders disappered. gomes shud have done beta on some of the goals but dont forget he had us in it till half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Howard fu*kin webbs disgraceful decision gave them the monentum to come back. Couldnt see a way back for em if they hadnt got that spotter. Guaranteed if it had happened up the other end he'd have waved play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

crap decision for the ref, but overall, utd deserve the win.
    superb after the penalty.

did the peno change the game, probably but thats football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

with sulkalot, rooney, tevez, ronaldo playin up front, pinning us down in our own half! I could feel it would be bad news, and i was right! Not many teams would be able to win against that, i believe!
    Oh well, i never thought we could get the win in the first place! but i always like to hope :pac:

Advertisement