Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster - 7pts @ 10-11 or Munster HT-FT @ 8-11?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

With the HC semi just around the corner between Munster V Leinster i definitely fancy Munster in this. The 2-5 is a bit too short so which is the better bet as in the title?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Warper wrote: »
    With the HC semi just around the corner between Munster V Leinster i definitely fancy Munster in this. The 2-5 is a bit too short so which is the better bet as in the title?

Would have to go with -7, better odds aswell. Will probly be pretty close for the first 40/50 mins with Munsters class showing later in the game...... -10 @ 13/10 mite be worth a punt aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

If 2/5 is too short then how is the -7 a bet? The two prices are directly related.

I'm not making comment on whether I think it's a bet or not, just wondering about the thought process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

pwhite587 wrote: »
    If 2/5 is too short then how is the -7 a bet? The two prices are directly related.

I'm not making comment on whether I think it's a bet or not, just wondering about the thought process.

Its called value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Its called value

I wasn't having a go or being smart, i was asking a question.

How do you argue it's value if you say 2/5 is too short? A 7 point handicap is the applicable handicap to that price, as such if the 2/5 is too short then the -7 shouldn't be value surely?

Just to point out again, I'm not saying that I think the bet is good/bad. Personally i think that of game on this magnitude is one to stay away from, there's no advantage we, as punters, can have. Gun to head, I'd be backing Munster to cover too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭jacool

the harsh realities of life are that, love 'em or loathe 'em, Munster will win here, but they are under no obligation to lead at half-time, or beat the handicap, simply to progress to the final. Therefore both bets have an associated risk, whereas with the 2/5 you could use that as a basis to get value on accumulators if you could pair or combine it with other picks.
    If I had to choose only one of your options, then the -7 option is the one that I would plump for, as Leinster may cave in late, especially after the efforts they had to put in in their q-final. The only people who want Munster to thrash Leinster are these fly-by-night jumper-on-bandwagon supporters who have appeared when corporate Munster, or Munster-shire, or as I like to call them Mun Utd really became successful. I am not talking about the real fans who enjoy good rugby here and i am going way off topic.
    Go with the -7 !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its called value

2/5 outright, and 10/11 -7, are effectively the same derived odds.
    They both might be 'value' or neither might be value, but its next to impossible for just one of them to be value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

-10 at 13-10 is the bet to make I think.. cha ching!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

They may Shorten before The game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Just noticed there its 6/5 at pp on there not being a yellow in the game. I would imagine players are going to be more careful with such high stakes. Might stick a few quid on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any of ye have Leinster? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Dave! wrote: »
    Any of ye have Leinster? :)

A mate of mine put €100 on Leinster in PP. Instead of writing 7/1 he wrote 'Leinster -7'. He got back 800 notes. So he was telling me this last night and told him to get his arse down to Powers this morning as Leinster -7 would have been a big price. Now there was probably no market for this but hopefully they can work out what the price would have been. He's waiting for a call back from them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thats shocking from paddyfcukinpower

-7 would have been a good few k's back surely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Before kickoff Leinster were 5-2 to win the match with PP so taking this into account is 7-1 correct minus 7 pts. It actually looks about right.

BTW I got this totally wrong and congrats to anyone who backed Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

He got 12s in the end on the -7.

Advertisement