Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full UCD Ball Line Up

Options
  • 22-04-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who's in the full line up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

I read on the Blizzards facebook that they are playing but either Ents isnt aware of this or they just decided not to tell us.:rolleyes:

I know the tickets are sold but still would have been nice to know to expect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Ballerina wrote: »
    I read on the Blizzards facebook that they are playing but either Ents isnt aware of this or they just decided not to tell us.:rolleyes:

I know the tickets are sold but still would have been nice to know to expect them.

Probably lined up to replace the bands that are rumoured to have dropped out.. hence why it hasn't been announced yet, because they're keeping the cancellations quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

I heard that Iglu and Hartley pulled out.

The Blizzards....again. Yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah I saw that Ents hadn't updated the website, pretty poor with 2 days to go

I saw on the Blizzards Twitter http://twitter.com/theblizzards that they're playing and also The Brilliant Things are playing the afterparty in Burn http://www.thebrilliantthings.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 saz89

was talkin to ents crew and they said the rumours of people pullin out are only rumors...line up is as its says on the poster...

• Advertisement

saz89 wrote: »
    line up is as its says on the poster...

Clearly not, if the blizzards are playing

ah ye, i only asked him bout the acts pullin out an that's what he said bout that. didnt ask if anyone else was lined up too...

You think that they'd clear up the rumours as well as updating the website and giving the full line up

Either way, looking forward to The Blizzards, The Brilliant Things and Republic of Loose..and er...S Club 3 or whatever they are:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

What's all this nonsense about no entry after 5 pm? That's madness. I have work to finish!

mloc wrote: »
    What's all this nonsense about no entry after 5 pm? That's madness. I have work to finish!

But if you have something to submit surely the office wouldnt be open after five anyway?

Dont see why there has to be a time limit on it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

WORST.....BALL.......EVER!!!!

Wasn't that the same last year though? And wasn't really applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Ballerina wrote: »
    But if you have something to submit surely the office wouldnt be open after five anyway?

Dont see why there has to be a time limit on it though

I'm a PhD student, work ++ unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spraggs

Wow, I hear that's the last time the Blizzards are playing in UCD this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

What? Is the library closing at 5pm so?

What's all this nonsense about no entry after 5 pm?

Isn't it just no entry to the ball after 5, as in the student centre car park?? I'd say everything else on campus is operating as usual tbh...

Yeah they said last year that there was no entry to the ball after 5pm, although i know people did get in after 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kimmyt

I heard from some guy in ents that snow patrol might be making a guest appearance.... anyone else hear anything about that?

I'd say we should be so lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Like a rubber ducky?

• Advertisement

No like the Kylie Minogue song

*I should be so lucky...lucky,lucky,lucky*

but if you have a lucky ducky that's fair enough!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I wouldn't be too worried about Iglu & Hartly pulling, who are they in fairness? :rolleyes: One hit wonders add nothing to the bill.

Booka Shade for the win! A friend living on campus with some of the Ents crew mentioned a possible appearance from Bell X1, I'm not a fan at all but would still be nice to have them there, I can't understand why Ents (being the loudest crowd around) have kept the trap shut on this if it's true.

To be honest i think most people would be pretty happy with some of decent big name! Anyone know who else is playing the After Party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

No like the Kylie Minogue song

*I should be so lucky...lucky,lucky,lucky*

but if you have a lucky ducky that's fair enough!:D

I always thought that was one of the lines in the song :(

If they do have a band that's actually big like Snow Patrol or Bell x1 then it solidifies my calling Ents a sham this year completely.

I would have both tickets especially if it had Bellx1 but the lineup is ridiculous as it stands and not really worth it.

Sure I heard a rumour a while back that Lady GaGa was meant to be playing it :pac:

Brimmy wrote: »
    I always thought that was one of the lines in the song :(

If they do have a band that's actually big like Snow Patrol or Bell x1 then it solidifies my calling Ents a sham this year completely.

I would have both tickets especially if it had Bellx1 but the lineup is ridiculous as it stands and not really worth it.

Sure I heard a rumour a while back that Lady GaGa was meant to be playing it :pac:

Actually... I'm playing at it, one (wo)man band :pac:

*In fact I AM Lady Gaga*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

In fairness I don't think anyone wants to celebrate the end of term by listening to Gary Lightbody or Paul Noonan being up their own holes and hollering about how life's been tough on them. You want a bit of a party vibe about the place and they don't get much bigger than Europe's premier electronic act. The only two people I'd be happier to see on stage in UCD tomorrow are Nick Oliveri and Josh Homme, and that's unlikely to happen anytime soon :(
    Fair enough, you don't hear much Booka Shade on the airwaves here, but that's because commercial radio in this country is hell bent on promoting its own, and not promoting what actually sounds good or the international acts that are playing in Dublin the 360 nights of the year that Bell X1 and Snow Patrol aren't selling out the O2. It's no wonder venues are in trouble when every second song on national radio was pencilled by Joe Bloggs the Troubled Young Man from Ballydehob, there's nothing done to promote foreign acts in this country, it's as though the media is controlled by a syndicate of ultranationalist protectionists, it sickens me.
    Booka Shade are a top notch act, a global act, and much bigger than Bell X1. 210,000 vs. 100,000 listeners on www.last.fm, and that's without licensing their music to The OC ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spraggs

I suppose at this stage all tickets are gone, anybody?

If not does anyone know where someone might get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 crashers

anyone know if there will be an email tomorrow morning with times of acts or even an update on the ucdball.com website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 freshtodeath

Heard from a friend who is "in-the-know" that Liam Howlett will be playing a DJ set before Booka Shade :eek:

not really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Rumour has it John Lennon is stopping by.

Advertisement