Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista admin problem... can't install programme...

• 22-04-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

hi, i'm installed as administrator on my laptop, and least i think i am...

i'm trying to insatall a programme... gets half way, then says i dont have the privilages, and to log in as administrator!

there's only one user, and it's me... is this a vista problem... or the software, it's just befair poker... had it running grand on windows xe.

any other time i do an admin action, i get a prompt box... is this normal? i can continue as normal after ok-ing the prompt.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

Instead of pressing run you should save to desktop . then Right click on it and run as Admin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

If you want the prompting to stop you need to turn off the User account control . To do this you must :

Start

control panel

User accounts

Turn User account control on/off

And untick the box

Then Reboot the PC

Hope this helps

Advertisement