Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting head of Freddie Mac commits suicide

Options
  • 22-04-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

RESTON, Va. -- The acting head of Freddie Mac, David Kellermann, has apparently committed suicide, Fairfax County Police tell WTOP.
    Fairfax County Police spokeswoman Mary Anne Jennings says Kellermann, 41, was found at his Hunter Mill Estates home Wednesday morning.

Jennings says police responded to the home after family members called police around 5 a.m.

"We were called from inside the house to come investigate an apparent suicide," Jennings says.

Because of legal ramifications, Jennings says she can't describe the nature of the suicide.

"We're not to give you details of the condition of the body, except to say it was an apparent suicide," Jennings says.

A final determination that his death was a suicide will come from a medical examiner.

According to Freddie Mac's Web site, Kellermann has been with Freddie Mac for more than 16 years.

He was named acting director of the agency in September 2008.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

It's tough at the top. He was only acting head since September, anyone know the role he played in all this mess?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

I know nothing of the man or the circumstances, except that reports are coming out that Kellermann was neither a target nor a subject of the investigation and had not been under law enforcement scrutiny.

All I could think about after reading the news is "How do you tell a 5 year old girl what happened to her dad." My heart goes out to the innocent victims of this financial meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    I know nothing of the man or the circumstances, except that reports are coming out that Kellermann was neither a target nor a subject of the investigation and had not been under law enforcement scrutiny.

All I could think about after reading the news is "How do you tell a 5 year old girl what happened to her dad." My heart goes out to the innocent victims of this financial meltdown.
    Employees at Freddie Mac lost much of their wealth with the collapse of the company's stock and face uncertain job prospects long term
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/22/AR2009042201185.html?nav=hcmodule

Took it all to heart and lost his own finances at the same time, perhaps.....

Advertisement