Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh sony,you torture me so...

• 22-04-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

Got the w910i a while ago,and really like the phone,when its working.
    Some of my friends have the phone too,and have the same problems.

It randomly freezes,then reboots. I instantly thought i needed a software update,and got one,but it said i had the latest firmware,which i don't think i do.

I've read on other forums that updating usually fixes the problem,but as i said,pc suite says i've to most recent software.

I even tried reinstalling and wiping the phone,still have the same problems. I'm not the only one, so wondering if any boardsies have any tips on fixing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

Sony provide a 2 years manufacturer warranty, use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Devil5434 wrote: »
    Sony provide a 2 years manufacturer warranty, use it
    yeah, i was asking here to see if i could do it myself instead of having to send my phone away for a while/get a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Try bringing it to a phone repair shop and ask them to flash it. Its like doing an update through the pc suite but overwrites the firmware more in depth than the pc suite. They should be able to do it quick enough so you wont be without your phone for long.

If it keeps happening I would suggest using the 2 year warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Bring it back under your 2yr.the problem will not go away and the fone could simply die and you will lose allinfo you have on the fone.I know this from hard won experience. If it with o2 they will give a swap out ie exactly the same only repaired and should be technically fault free though I had to bring 2 K800's back due to software faults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Nerin wrote: »
      Got the w910i a while ago,and really like the phone,when its working.
      Some of my friends have the phone too,and have the same problems.

It randomly freezes,then reboots. I instantly thought i needed a software update,and got one,but it said i had the latest firmware,which i don't think i do.

I've read on other forums that updating usually fixes the problem,but as i said,pc suite says i've to most recent software.

I even tried reinstalling and wiping the phone,still have the same problems. I'm not the only one, so wondering if any boardsies have any tips on fixing it?

Go to Settings->Connectivity->Mobile networks->GSM/3G networks->GSM only.

I think that greatly reduces the problem. Hope that works!

Advertisement