Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent relief Tax question (what amount will I get back)

Options
  • 22-04-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just quick question.. I pay €350 a month on rent and was wondering how much tax I will get back as I have been living there for last 2 years (24 months)

Does anybody have a rough amount as to how much I will get back as im not sure how much I will get and would like to know.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

Hi all,

Just quick question.. I pay €350 a month on rent and was wondering how much tax I will get back as I have been living there for last 2 years (24 months)

Does anybody have a rough amount as to how much I will get back as im not sure how much I will get and would like to know.

Thanks in advance:)

the rent tax credit is €400 per year so i'd doubt it would be too much check out the new revenue.ie website you can work out alot of what your due back. just make sure you're landlord has you registered with the PRTB as an official tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should ge the full amount for the two years 2x400 = €800

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

cheers for your help that website was useful and explained it well ya look like i should get full amount

Advertisement