Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last thing i need

• 22-04-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Got into photography around christmas through the missus. Little did i know how much time and money it takes up. Totally hooked now though!!
    Help.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There must be some PA (Photographers Anonymous) group somewhere. :D

Hi, my name is X, and I'm a photographer. :p

It's very addictive and expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Paulw wrote: »
    There must be some PA (Photographers Anonymous) group somewhere. :D

Hi, my name is X, and I'm a photographer. :p

It's very addictive and expensive.

Especially if you go out taking pictures with someone who's got much better gear than you:p! Damn gear envy is going to be the breaking of my bank...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

You've got GAS!!

:)
    :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Gambler wrote: »
    Especially if you go out taking pictures with someone who's got much better gear than you:p! Damn gear envy is going to be the breaking of my bank...

What is worse is when you go out with someone who has inferior gear & they come back with all the killer shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Fionn wrote: »
    You've got GAS!!

:p

Ha ha, I've got that too currently!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I understand where your coming from OP!
    I now have 8 top quality lenses and have no bank account*

*although this is no bad thing in these times of corrupt times!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Gear envy tell me about it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

I'm not a sufferer of gear envy :)
    Very happy with my current digital set up but am replacing my first DSLR soon, in no great rush though as I'm pretty sure I haven't mastered the one I've been using.

Unless it's film gear... for some reason I just get an old camera stuck in my head and have to have it. I somehow managed to quell my recent leica envy, but it may resurface!! Got a lust for an old Yashica at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gorilla_image

Know what worse than gear envy? I saw a gorgeous Mamiya RZ67 Kit recently going for a very good price and I'm still too poor (thanks to this recession) to buy it. I have another addiction: late night net surfing for cheap gear...

Advertisement